What improvements have been made to Job Bank?
Job Bank has been merged with the Working in Canada website to bring Canadians more job opportunities and information about the job market across Canada. Features of the new Job Bank website include:
- More and better job opportunities from across Canada.
- An improved job search feature which allows visitors to more easily find the latest job opportunities in occupations, industries and locations that they are interested in across Canada.
- An enhanced Job Alerts service which allows visitors to stay informed about new job opportunities based on their search criteria. Job Alerts are delivered right to a job seeker's inbox up to twice a day.
- Visitors will be able to explore careers by occupation or educational program. They can learn more about the wages, outlooks, and skills needed to obtain jobs they wish to apply for. Visitors will also be able to compare how much they could earn in different occupations and in different parts of the country. Plus, they can get information about labour market news, employment trends and details on the job market in their region or across the country.
- Visitors will be able to access a skills and knowledge checklist that helps them find occupations that could be a good fit for them based on their skills, knowledge and interests.
- Plus, employers will also benefit from the new Job Bank by having access to HR resources to help them more easily find, hire, and retain the workers they need.
Can I still access the job search on the original Job Bank?
The new Job Bank search feature allows job seekers to more easily search for more and better job opportunities and provides job seekers with the labour market information they need to make informed career decisions.
While the original Job Bank will continue to be available for a short time, it will eventually be retired, at which time it will be known as archive.jobbank.gc.ca. In the meantime, if you wish, you can continue to use the archived Job Bank job search.
How can I find or access my archived Job Bank Job seeker account/Resume Builder/Job Match/Career Navigator?
You can still get access to your Job seeker account including the Resume Builder, Job Match and the Career Navigator through the main page on the new Job Bank website.
While the archived Job Bank will eventually be retired, currently you can continue to use the Job Bank Job seeker account.
Will I be able to continue using my Job Bank Job seeker account or do I have to create a new account?
You will be able to continue to access your existing account. The new Job Bank allows you to have access to more and better job opportunities and labour market information to better help you with your job search.
Do I have to create a new Job Alerts subscription or can I continue using my current one?
If you are a subscriber to the archived Job Alerts, you may have received an email notifying you that your current Job Alert subscription will remain active up to a maximum of 90 days (May 2014). If you wish to continue receiving Job Alerts, you will have to subscribe on the new Job Bank, where you can get access to more and better job opportunities and labour market information to better help you with your job search.
If you wish to switch to the new and enhanced Job Alerts immediately, you may do so and your classic Job Alert subscription will be automatically deleted by May 2014.
How do I delete my archived Job Alert subscription now?
Your archived Job Alerts subscription will expire automatically in 90 days (May 2014). However, if you wish to delete your subscription before that date, then you can do so manually.
To deactivate your e-mails, please log into Job Alert at http://seekers.jobbank.gc.ca/commun-common/connection-login.aspx?target=6&lang=en-CA, and for each search you have created, choose the Deactivate option (Edit ► Delete ► Deactivate).
Due to privacy concerns, we are not authorized to alter your account on your behalf.
Do I have to create a new employer account?
No. There have been no changes to the accessibility and functionality of your employer account.
How do I get access to my employer account or my current job postings?
On the new Job Bank, simply click on "Employer" or "Post a Job" and you will be directed to the Job Bank for Employers where you can sign up for a new account or access your existing employer account and job postings. You may also go directly to the Job Bank for Employers.