Stable hand (Stable hand at a show and training barn)
Red Deer (AB)
Hourly: min. $12.75 for 40.0 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date:
As soon as possible
Terms of Employment:
Number of positions:
Soderberg Quarter Horses
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
1 year to less than 2 years
Type of Farm Operations
Horse breeding and training
Feed and tend animals; Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment; Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens
Type of Equipment
Tractor; Farm truck
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Willing to travel for extended periods; Valid driver's licence; Public transportation is not available
Work Site Environment
Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Odours; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
Work Location Information
Work in employer's/client's home; Room and board provided
Communication; Working with others; Continuous learning
Deductions/month: Room-$120, Meals-$210 Extra duties: Lunge, groom, saddle, blanket and lead out horses Experience: Breeding horses, halter breaking foals, and prefer 3 yrs in show barn Non-smoker.
How to Apply
By phone: from 9:00 to 17:00:
Similar Job Postings
- horse breaker (groom / horse breaker) - EquipUs Racing Stable
- farm worker - Morris Land & Cattle Company Inc.
- fruit farm labourer - Country Berry Farms Ltd.
- beef cattle farm worker (farm help) - Silverline Farms
- stable hand (stable hand at a show and training barn) - Soderberg Quarter Horses
- apiary worker (hiring for 2014 season) - Tees Bees Inc.
- general farm worker - Tees Bees Inc.
- Date Modified: