Heavy-duty equipment mechanic (Heavy Duty Mechanic)
Fort McMurray (AB)
Hourly: min. $40 max. $45 for 50.0 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date:
As soon as possible
Terms of Employment:
Number of positions:
Some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training; Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Trade Certification; 1st Period Apprentice; 2nd Period Apprentice; 3rd Period Apprentice; 4th Period Apprentice; Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician Red Seal Endorsement; Driver's License (Class 1 or A); Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
3 years to less than 5 years
Major Work Area
Repair; Overhaul; Maintenance; Service; Recondition
Type of Equipment Repair
Diesel powered automobiles; Heavy trucks; Buses; Heavy construction equipment; Diesel or diesel-electric mining machinery and equipment; Stationary engines; Cranes; Bulldozers; Graders; Dump trucks; Forklifts; Excavators
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
Fuel injection systems; Exhaust systems; Cooling systems; Air conditioning systems; Lubrication systems; Engine control systems; Major internal engine repairs or overhaul; Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
Mechanical Repair Specialization
Mechanical transmissions; Drive trains and final drives; Hydraulic transmissions; Power take-offs; Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering; Vehicle brake systems; Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering; Highway vehicle tires and wheels; Off-road vehicle tires and wheels; Differentials
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization
Hydraulic-operated working attachments; Winche; Compressors; Pumps; Electric generators
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions; Determine extent of repair required; Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts; Test repaired equipment for proper performance; Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work; Service attachments and working tools; Verify and repair emission control systems
Instruct apprentices; Order parts and maintain inventory; Keep maintenance reports and documentation
Security and Safety
Bondable; Driving record check (abstract); Driver's validity license check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Physically demanding; Attention to detail
Work Site Environment
Willing to travel; Willing to travel cross-border; Valid driver's licence
Work Location Information
Staff accommodation available; Willing to relocate
Document use; Writing; Communication; Working with others; Problem solving; Decision making; Job task planning and organizing; Computer use; Continuous learning
How to Apply
Similar Job Postings
- farm equipment technician (fertilizer equipment repair technician) - Top Yield Fertilizers Ltd.
- heavy-duty equipment mechanic (truck & trailer technician) - The Recruiting Room
- heavy equipment mechanic - Mammoet Canada Western Ltd.
- heavy-duty equipment technician - MAMMOET CANADA WESTERN LTD.
- heavy equipment mechanic (on road/off road (shop and some field work)) - Guardian Personnel Company
- combination mechanic, heavy equipment - AECON
- field mechanic, heavy equipment (journeyman/serviceman) - Roughrider International Ltd.
- heavy equipment mechanic (service technician - shop and field) - Brandt Tractor Ltd.
- heavy equipment mechanic (field service technicians) - Brandt Tractor Ltd.
- heavy equipment mechanic - UNITED RENTALS INC.
- Date Modified: