Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 20 - Apr 24, 2015
- Raven Recycling is set to reopen in Whitehorse during May 2015, following financial commitments from the Government of Yukon and the City of Whitehorse. The non-profit organization previously suspended its operations in October 2014.
- Veris Gold, a North American gold producer, officially abandoned its Ketza gold mine near Ross River on April 10, 2015. The Government of Yukon has taken over care and maintenance of the site using funds from the original security deposit for the mine.
- The Government of Yukon has committed $3.5M for the construction of a new RCMP facility in Faro, with work beginning in the summer of 2015
- The Government of Yukon is spending $6.3M on four affordable housing initiatives and an additional $1M on a rental supplement program for social housing-eligible clients
- The Government of Yukon has added a new Express Entry system to the Yukon Nominee Program to help local employers find skilled workers faster and at a lower cost. The system will also add 60 new allocations to the nominee program.
- The Government of Yukon has announced $2.7M in funding towards the construction of the Carcross/Tagish First Nation learning centre. The facility will provide a space to support training, community meetings and heritage initiatives.
- Andco Enterprises Ltd. received a $307,000 contract to make repairs to the Robert Campbell Bridge in Whitehorse, with the work scheduled to start after the school year concludes
- The Salvation Army expects to start construction later this spring on the new Salvation Army Centre of Hope emergency shelter and transitional housing facility in downtown Whitehorse, with an opening slated for fall 2016
- The first graduates of Yukon's Centre for Northern Innovation in Mining will be entering a slow job market, as mining companies have either curtailed or slowed operations
- The Government of Yukon has announced funding to begin the expansion of 9-1-1 service to all communities in the territory. The service is moving to an Emergency Response Centre and training additional call centre staff.
- Date Modified: