Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 07 - Jul 11, 2014
- The Government of Yukon has cancelled a plan to spend $13M to develop five affordable housing projects in Whitehorse
- The Yukon Housing Corporation is spending $1.5M towards the construction of affordable rental accommodations in Carmacks and Carcross
- The Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board has issued new recommendations for consultations and facilities development for North American Tungsten's proposed Mactung mine site
- The Yukon Housing Corporation is seeking builders for a 48-unit seniors housing complex in Whitehorse
- The Government of Yukon, the City of Dawson and the owners of the Slinky mine have reached an agreement that will result in $1.3M worth of road construction, the development of residential lots and an end to placer mining in the area by 2017
- The Government of Yukon is providing more than $1.5M to museums and interpretive centres, to be used for operations and program development
- The Government of Yukon has awarded over $870,000 through the Community Development Fund to six community organizations. The funding is being used for facility improvements and the development of new recreational opportunities.
- Date Modified: