Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2014
- The Government of Yukon has awarded over $972,000 to 21 community organizations through the Community Development Fund. Work on the associated projects will create over 11,000 hours of employment for 81 people.
- The Government of Yukon has signed a new agreement with the Yukon Legal Services Society that covers the $2.1M in costs to provide legal aid programs and services in the territory
- The Yukon Housing Corporation will receive $16M over the next five years to invest in affordable housing and to create opportunities for apprentices
- The Government of Yukon approved a $72M expansion to the services and facilities at Whitehorse General Hospital. Construction is set to begin around the middle of 2015, taking approximately 30 months to complete.
- Date Modified: