Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration (NOC 0411) in Yukon due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 13 - Feb 17, 2017
- The Yukon Territory now has the smallest population of all the provinces or territories according to the 2016 Census. The Yukon Bureau of Statistics attributed part of the lower population growth to a slower mining and exploration sector.
- The Government of Yukon is providing than $186,000 to 12 community organizations through the Community Development Fund. The money is expected to create 2,140 hours of employment for approximately 31 people.
- White Gold Corp is planning to start its 2017 exploration program in May at its property in the White Gold District of the Yukon. The company plans drilling and survey work which is scheduled to end in October.
- The Government of Yukon and self-governing Yukon First Nations have signed a memorandum of understanding to address and resolve matters related to mineral prospecting, exploration, mine development, production, and reclamation, in Yukon
- The Government of Yukon is providing $360,000 to the Klondike Placer Miners' Association, and $375,000 to the Yukon Chamber of Mines to support education and outreach activities
- The Government of Yukon has increased its commitment to the Yukon mineral exploration program to $1.6M for the 2017-18 budget year. The program supports early-stage exploration to locate hard rock and placer mineral occurrences.
- The Crime Prevention and Victim Services Trust is providing $87,957 to five community projects in the Yukon
- The Government of Yukon is providing $300,000 annually, over the next three years, for resource road improvement
- Victoria Gold is banking on an additional $40M in capital to start work on its Eagle Gold Project near Mayo. The company estimates that peak employment during mine construction will reach 400, with the same amount of employment during production.
- Victoria Gold Corp. is planning to spend $6.2M on exploration activities in Phase 1 of the 2017 program at its Dublin Gulch property in the central Yukon
- The Kwanlin Dün First Nation's Nàkwät'à Kų̀ in Whitehorse will be expanded and improved thanks, in part, to a $375,000 grant from the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency
- Date modified: