Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Purchasing Agents and Officers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Yukon Territory||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Purchasing Agents and Officers (NOC 1225) in Yukon.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Purchasing Agents and Officers in Yukon:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2011.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 64% compared to 50% for all occupations
- Women: 36% compared to 50% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- No high school diploma: n/a
- High school diploma or equivalent: n/a
- Apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: n/a
- College certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 43% compared to 26% for all occupations
- Bachelor's degree: n/a
- University certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: n/a
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 27 - Jul 01, 2016
- Goldstrike Resources started exploration work on the Plateau project in the Yukon, after it was granted a five year advanced exploration permit. The company plans for two 20-person camps, helipads, and two docks on float-plane accessible lakes.
- The Government of Yukon is providing $196,000 over three years to the Klondike Placer Miners' Association to undertake an economic impact analysis and public awareness campaign
- Goldcorp, one of the world's largest gold producers, will purchase the Kaminak Gold Corporation, a junior mining company looking to develop a new mine near Dawson City
- Strategic Metals Ltd is spending $820,000 for field work at some if its precious metal projects in Yukon Territory in 2016
- Date Modified: