Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Purchasing Agents and Officers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 02 - Feb 06, 2015
- The Government of Yukon has extended the mineral claim staking prohibition in the Ross River Area to January 31, 2017. The extension will allow time for additional consultations with the Ross River Dena Council.
- The Wolverine Mine, north of Watson Lake, is closing for several months, due in part to lower metal prices. The Yukon Zinc Corporation, the mine owner, is laying off approximately 220 people.
- The Government of Yukon has announced continued support for mineral exploration in the territory through enhanced incentives for work on existing claims, as well as an increased funding for the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program
- The Government of Yukon is providing $5.3M to upgrade electrical transmission infrastructure, including lines and substations, in central Yukon. The project is expected to start in 2015.
- The Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency has announced $251,000 in funding over two years to support the precious metals mining sector in the Yukon
- The Government of Yukon recently announced a mineral development strategy that consists of a double-credit for prospector claim expenses in 2015 and an enhanced $1.4M contribution to the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program
- Date Modified: