Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Probation and Parole Officers and Related Occupations in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Yukon.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- January 2015 | (PDF, 514 KB)
- December 2014 | (PDF, 535 KB)
- November 2014 | (PDF, 535 KB)
- October 2014 | (PDF, 579 KB)
- October 2014 (Quarterly Edition) | (PDF, 647 KB)
- September 2014 | (PDF, 640 KB)
- August 2014 | (PDF, 634 KB)
- July 2014 | (PDF, 684 KB)
- June 2014 | (PDF, 608 KB)
- May 2014 | (PDF, 608 KB)
- April 2014 | (PDF, 250 KB)
- March 2014 | (PDF, 612 KB)
- February 2014 | (PDF, 606 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 446 KB)
- Annual Edition 2013 | (PDF, 631 KB) new
- December 2013 | (PDF, 535 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 535 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 606 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 430 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 498 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 450 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 217 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 250 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 215 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 213 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 446 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 199 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 16 - Mar 20, 2015
- The Yukon Council on Disability is set to close its doors in March 2015 due to a funding shortfall. The council, with an office in Whitehorse, helps people with disabilities find work and offers support programs.
- The Government of Yukon has released plans for a $200M upgrade to a section of the Alaska Highway running through Whitehorse. Construction is slated to begin in 2016 following public consultations.
- The Government of Yukon is investing $1.2M to implement the Yukon Water Strategy and Action Plan. The plan will include a second year of funding for the Yukon Water and Wastewater Operator Training Program at Yukon College.
- The Government of Yukon has awarded $130,000 to 12 arts groups across the territory for a range of activities, including First Nations heritage events
- The Government of Yukon is committing $5.1M from 2015 to 2016 for remediation work at government-owned contaminated sites. The eight sites include highway maintenance camps and other properties that are owned and operated by the Yukon government.
- The Carcross Tagish First Nation is planning to partner with construction companies to provide employment for 15 apprentice carpenters on a new multi-function learning centre
- The Government of Yukon has issued a Request for Qualifications for a 300-bed continuing care facility in Whitehorse. The solicitation is for a design-build team for two phases of construction.
- Wellgreen Platinum, a Vancouver-based mining company, is planning to advance development of a large nickel deposit near Burwash Landing
- The Government of Yukon will begin construction in the spring of 2015 on a $21M drug and alcohol addiction services facility in Whitehorse. The building is expected to open in July 2016.
- The Government of Yukon is providing $107,000 through the Community Development Fund to nine initiatives, providing short-term project-based work opportunities
- The Government of Yukon and the Kluane First Nation have signed a $583,000 agreement to collect geophysical data via an airborne survey of a portion of the Kluane Ranges. The information will help the Kluane First Nation identify economic opportunities.
- The Government of Yukon has awarded $222,000 to seven community organizations for program support and development. The funding is expected to create 1,700 hours of employment for up to 16 individuals.
- A recently released survey by the Fraser Institute of 485 global mining companies found that the Yukon Territory is in the number one spot for mineral potential, but has dropped to ninth place for investment attractiveness
- The Yukon Department of Education is seeking proposals from non-government organizations to provide labour market services to job seekers with disabilities
- The Government of Yukon has purchased the former Oblate Centre in Whitehorse, with plans to convert the building to a 10-bed continuing care centre for seniors. Renovations are scheduled to begin in May 2015, with completion by November.
- Date Modified: