Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Community and Social Service Workers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 16 - Mar 20, 2015
- The Yukon Council on Disability is set to close its doors in March 2015 due to a funding shortfall. The council, with an office in Whitehorse, helps people with disabilities find work and offers support programs.
- The Government of Yukon has purchased the former Oblate Centre in Whitehorse, with plans to convert the building to a 10-bed continuing care centre for seniors. Renovations are scheduled to begin in May 2015, with completion by November.
- The Yukon Territory recently recruited a specialist obstetrician/gynecologist. In total, the territory now has three physicians to support women's health
- The Crime Prevention and Victim Services Trust Fund has awarded funding to three First Nations in the Yukon for program support, including the Skills for Building, Skills for Life project, which provides training for Carcross/Tagish men
- The Government of Yukon, through the Community Development Fund, is providing support to four community organizations that will create approximately 2,200 hours of employment for up to 11 people
- Date Modified: