Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Structural Metal and Platework Fabricators and Fitters in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Structural Metal and Platework Fabricators and Fitters (NOC 7263) in the Yukon due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 10 - Aug 14, 2015
- The Government of Yukon is providing $131,200 to four First Nation governments and two Yukon community organizations for crime prevention and victim support programs. The programs provide employment for Yukon youth and students.
- The Government of Yukon is providing $1.4M to support programs in sport and recreation across the territory. The funding will help develop programs that support active lifestyles.
- The Government of Yukon is investing $70,000 in a tour promoting the territory's mining industry. The Yukon Mining Alliance, a group of the territory's exploration and mining companies, will host the tour August 10 to 14 in the territory.
- Capstone Mining is proceeding with development of its Minto North mine after a new water use license was granted for the site. The company plans to start processing ore from the pit in December 2015.
- The Government of Yukon is contributing $103,000 to eight Yukon community organizations through the Community Development Fund. The funding is expected to create over 1,100 hours of employment for 24 people.
- The Government of Yukon has selected the Skookum Jim Friendship Centre in Whitehorse to host the new position of a legal advocate to help women navigate the legal system. The territory has provided $281,000 over three years to pilot the program.
- The Yukon Filmmakers Fund and the Yukon Sound Recording Program are providing $47,000 to eleven creative projects. The funds awarded will contribute towards the development of films, documentaries, demos and full-length recordings.
- The Government of Canada has announced $13M to support upgrading of infrastructure at Parks Canada sites across the Yukon. The investment will support local jobs and local opportunities for contractors, according to the announcement.
- Standard Bus Contracting has reached a three-year agreement with the Government of Yukon to provide school bus services for approximately 2,000 Yukon students in Whitehorse and rural areas.
- The Government of Yukon is providing $140,750 in funding for 14 groups undertaking arts projects in Yukon. The Arts Fund supports activities related to the literary, visual or performing arts.
- Date Modified: