Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Structural Metal and Platework Fabricators and Fitters in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 04 - May 08, 2015
- The Government of Yukon is making changes to the Business Corporations Act in a bid to ease the regulations for business in the Yukon and to attract economic investment
- The Government of Yukon is providing $1.4M for 62 mineral exploration and prospecting projects in 2015. It is expected that the funding recipients will spend an additional $4M in private sector money on their exploration activities this season.
- Yukon Energy's liquefied natural gas power plant is expected to be over budget by 25% due to delays in construction and extra work required to redesign and build a containment pit. The plant is expected to be complete and operational by June 2015.
- Raven Recycling is set to reopen in Whitehorse during May 2015, following financial commitments from the Government of Yukon and the City of Whitehorse. The non-profit organization previously suspended its operations in October 2014.
- Veris Gold, a North American gold producer, officially abandoned its Ketza gold mine near Ross River on April 10, 2015. The Government of Yukon has taken over care and maintenance of the site using funds from the original security deposit for the mine.
- The Government of Yukon has committed $3.5M for the construction of a new RCMP facility in Faro, with work beginning in the summer of 2015
- The Government of Yukon is spending $6.3M on four affordable housing initiatives and an additional $1M on a rental supplement program for social housing-eligible clients
- The Government of Yukon has added a new Express Entry system to the Yukon Nominee Program to help local employers find skilled workers faster and at a lower cost. The system will also add 60 new allocations to the nominee program.
- The Government of Yukon has announced $2.7M in funding towards the construction of the Carcross/Tagish First Nation learning centre. The facility will provide a space to support training, community meetings and heritage initiatives.
- Date Modified: