Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Structural Metal and Platework Fabricators and Fitters in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Structural Metal and Platework Fabricators and Fitters (NOC 7263) in Yukon due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 09 - May 13, 2016
- The City of Whitehorse has started construction on a new $32M operations building for city vehicles and transit buses
- The City of Whitehorse started construction on a $390,000 water and sewer infrastructure project
- The Government of Yukon is providing $244,000 to increase home care staff and increase hours of service
- Strategic Metals Ltd is spending $820,000 for field work at some if its precious metal projects in Yukon Territory in 2016
- The Yukon Housing Corporation is enhancing the Home Repair Program which provides funding to homeowners and landlords for maintenance and improvements
- Sears Canada will close its Whitehorse retail outlet on May 15, 2016, but the company plans to retain a catalogue agency in the city
- The Government of Yukon is allocating $1.5M from the 2016 budget to begin a three-year project to replace the Nares River Bridge in Carcross
- The Government of Yukon is providing eight projects with $104,421 from the Community Development Fund
- Dulac Mining is auctioning off 104 of its mining claims near Dawson City
- The Government of Yukon and the City of Whitehorse have launched a new ride-sharing program. Yukon Rideshare is a free, online resource that connects people in the community to carpool, take transit, cycle, or walk together.
- The Government of Yukon is spending $250,000 to start work on a replacement facility for the Old Crow Health Centre
- The Government of Yukon has awarded a $3.3M contract to Cardinal Contracting for a new fire hall in Carcross
- The Government of Yukon and the Yukon Work Information Network have signed a new funding agreement that will continue to support Yukon's business community
- The Government of Yukon is spending $1.25M for three renovation projects at Yukon College in Whitehorse
- The Government of Yukon is providing nearly $2M over four years, starting in 2016-17, to extend the Practical Nurse diploma program at Yukon College
- The Government of Yukon has allocated $3M for a new staff residence in Ross River to accommodate Yukon government employees who work in the community
- The Government of Yukon allocated more than $12M for work on sections of the Alaska Highway in 2016-17. The 2016 work is expected to create jobs for 40 Yukon residents.
- The Government of Yukon awarded $1.4M in Community Development funds for eight projects. Work at the Carcross/Tagish First Nation will create 240 hours of employment for four people.
- Yukon College and the Government of Canada are jointly funding a project to create and launch the Atlas of Arctic Resource Development online, a sharing tool to help make resource development in Yukon more transparent
- The Yukon Film & Sound Commission is reporting increased interest in the Yukon as a film location. Gold Rush is scheduled to start filming its seventh season near Dawson City.
- Date Modified: