Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Automotive Service Technicians, Truck and Bus Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Yukon Territory||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Automotive Service Technicians, Truck and Bus Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers (NOC 7321) in the Yukon.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 17 - Aug 21, 2015
- Farmer Robert's, a local and organic food retailer, is set to open in Whitehorse. The store is planning to specialize in Yukon-grown produce.
- Standard Bus Contracting has reached a three-year agreement with the Government of Yukon to provide school bus services for approximately 2,000 Yukon students in Whitehorse and rural areas.
- Arctic Co-operatives Ltd has opened a new grocery store in Old Crow, replacing the Northern Store which closed in November 2014. The new complex also features a TD bank, Canada Post outlet and two rental apartments.
- Sears Canada is offering job opportunities for displaced Target employees at both the retail and head-office level. Sears is holding special events and career fairs for the former Target employees.
- Date Modified: