Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Truck Drivers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 08 - Dec 12, 2014
- The City of Whitehorse has passed a 2015 to 2018 capital budget that will fund new municipal buildings and provide $30M for other critical infrastructure projects
- The Yukon Housing Corporation has awarded a $11.5M contract to NGC Builders to construct a 48-unit accessible seniors housing complex in Whitehorse, with completion scheduled for fall 2015
- The Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency has announced $251,000 in funding over two years to support the precious metals mining sector in the Yukon
- The Government of Yukon recently announced a mineral development strategy that consists of a double-credit for prospector claim expenses in 2015 and an enhanced $1.4M contribution to the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program
- The City of Whitehorse is planning to spend $55M to construct two new municipal buildings by 2017. The proposed 2015 capital budget also includes numerous smaller infrastructure projects.
- Date Modified: