Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Truck Drivers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 16 - Mar 20, 2015
- The Government of Yukon has released plans for a $200M upgrade to a section of the Alaska Highway running through Whitehorse. Construction is slated to begin in 2016 following public consultations.
- The Carcross Tagish First Nation is planning to partner with construction companies to provide employment for 15 apprentice carpenters on a new multi-function learning centre
- The Government of Yukon has issued a Request for Qualifications for a 300-bed continuing care facility in Whitehorse. The solicitation is for a design-build team for two phases of construction.
- Wellgreen Platinum, a Vancouver-based mining company, is planning to advance development of a large nickel deposit near Burwash Landing
- The Government of Yukon will begin construction in the spring of 2015 on a $21M drug and alcohol addiction services facility in Whitehorse. The building is expected to open in July 2016.
- The Government of Yukon and the Kluane First Nation have signed a $583,000 agreement to collect geophysical data via an airborne survey of a portion of the Kluane Ranges. The information will help the Kluane First Nation identify economic opportunities.
- A recently released survey by the Fraser Institute of 485 global mining companies found that the Yukon Territory is in the number one spot for mineral potential, but has dropped to ninth place for investment attractiveness
- Date Modified: