Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Truck Drivers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 16 - Feb 20, 2015
- The Government of Yukon has awarded a $3.2M contract to Canyon City Construction to design and build a replacement for the St. Elias Residence in Whitehorse
- The Government of Yukon has extended the mineral claim staking prohibition in the Ross River Area to January 31, 2017. The extension will allow time for additional consultations with the Ross River Dena Council.
- The Wolverine Mine, north of Watson Lake, is closing for several months, due in part to lower metal prices. The Yukon Zinc Corporation, the mine owner, is laying off approximately 220 people.
- The Government of Yukon has announced continued support for mineral exploration in the territory through enhanced incentives for work on existing claims, as well as an increased funding for the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program
- North Peace Communications is planning to install 100 small cellphone towers along the length of the Alaska Highway during 2015. A similar tower was recently installed in Whitehorse.
- The Government of Yukon has announced that a new continuing care facility will be built as a public-private partnership in Whitehorse. The $126M facility is scheduled to open in 2018.
- Date Modified: