Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Truck Drivers in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 22 - Dec 26, 2014
- North Peace Communications is planning to install 100 small cellphone towers along the length of the Alaska Highway during 2015. A similar tower was recently installed in Whitehorse.
- The Government of Yukon has announced that a new continuing care facility will be built as a public-private partnership in Whitehorse. The $126M facility is scheduled to open in 2018.
- The City of Whitehorse has passed a 2015 to 2018 capital budget that will fund new municipal buildings and provide $30M for other critical infrastructure projects
- The Yukon Housing Corporation has awarded a $11.5M contract to NGC Builders to construct a 48-unit accessible seniors housing complex in Whitehorse, with completion scheduled for fall 2015
- The Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency has announced $251,000 in funding over two years to support the precious metals mining sector in the Yukon
- The Government of Yukon recently announced a mineral development strategy that consists of a double-credit for prospector claim expenses in 2015 and an enhanced $1.4M contribution to the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program
- Date Modified: