Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Boat operators operate small boats or crafts to transport passengers or freight, or perform other duties. They are employed by marine companies that provide sightseeing tours or water taxi services and by canal, port and harbour authorities.
charter boat operator, launch master, motor boat operator, scow captain, sightseeing boat operator, small craft operator, water taxi operator.
- Operate motorboats, launches, small ferry boats and other similar vessels to transport passengers or freight
- Maintain boats and equipment on board, such as engines, winches, derricks, fire extinguishers and life preservers
- May perform other duties, such as checking for oil spills or other pollutants around ports and harbours, patrolling beaches and measuring depth of water.
Outlook & Prospects for Boat Operators in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 14 - Jul 18, 2014
- The Government of Yukon is holding a firefighter training course for women at Camp Ember in Whitehorse from August 11 to 15, 2014
- The Ayamdigut campus of Yukon College in Whitehorse and the Yukon Research Centre are undergoing renovations that will improve program delivery and streamline student services and security
- The Government of Yukon has cancelled a plan to spend $13M to develop five affordable housing projects in Whitehorse
- The Yukon Housing Corporation is spending $1.5M towards the construction of affordable rental accommodations in Carmacks and Carcross
- The Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board has issued new recommendations for consultations and facilities development for North American Tungsten's proposed Mactung mine site
- The Yukon Housing Corporation is seeking builders for a 48-unit seniors housing complex in Whitehorse
- The Government of Yukon, the City of Dawson and the owners of the Slinky mine have reached an agreement that will result in $1.3M worth of road construction, the development of residential lots and an end to placer mining in the area by 2017
- Date Modified: