Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Boat Operators in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 03 - Nov 07, 2014
- The Mount Sima ski hill in Whitehorse is hiring for the season as a new snow making machine has permitted the facility to schedule its opening by December 5, 2014
- The City of Whitehorse is finalizing plans for a curbside recycling program, with a goal of diverting 50% of all solid landfill waste by 2015
- The Government of Yukon is committing $3M to a Salvation Army shelter expansion and housing project in Whitehorse through the Northern Housing Trust Fund
- Flight attendants with Air North may see more seasonal work and less full-time employment following a recent contract settlement, according to the company
- The Government of Yukon is adding $21.4M to its 2014 to 2015 fiscal year budget, with the largest portion, $12.4M, dedicated to mining reclamation and cleanup operations following devolution
- EFLO Energy Yukon Ltd. is planning to hire up to 45 employees for the ramping-up phase as it restarts natural gas production from the Kotaneelee gas field
- Copper North Mining has partnered with JDS Energy and Mining and the Beijing General Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, to complete a new feasibility study and manage the construction of their Carmacks Project copper-gold-silver mine
- Yukon College and the Government of Yukon are developing the first made-in-Yukon degree and post-degree certificate, with implementation expected by 2017
- P&M Recycling in Whitehorse is gearing up for larger volumes of recyclable materials following the closure of a free public drop-off service at Raven Recycling
- Many Rivers Counselling Services has eliminated its programs for babies, toddlers and parents, and a family educator position, due to a lack of sustainable funding
- Air North has reached a tentative contract agreement with its flight attendants following a week of renewed negotiations. The two sides have been negotiating since October 2013.
- Date Modified: