Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Boat operators operate small boats or crafts to transport passengers or freight, or perform other duties. They are employed by marine companies that provide sightseeing tours or water taxi services and by canal, port and harbour authorities.
charter boat operator, launch master, motor boat operator, scow captain, sightseeing boat operator, small craft operator, water taxi operator.
- Operate motorboats, launches, small ferry boats and other similar vessels to transport passengers or freight
- Maintain boats and equipment on board, such as engines, winches, derricks, fire extinguishers and life preservers
- May perform other duties, such as checking for oil spills or other pollutants around ports and harbours, patrolling beaches and measuring depth of water.
Outlook & Prospects for Boat Operators in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2014
- The Government of Yukon has awarded over $972,000 to 21 community organizations through the Community Development Fund. Work on the associated projects will create over 11,000 hours of employment for 81 people.
- The Government of Yukon has signed a new agreement with the Yukon Legal Services Society that covers the $2.1M in costs to provide legal aid programs and services in the territory
- The Yukon Housing Corporation will receive $16M over the next five years to invest in affordable housing and to create opportunities for apprentices
- The Government of Yukon approved a $72M expansion to the services and facilities at Whitehorse General Hospital. Construction is set to begin around the middle of 2015, taking approximately 30 months to complete.
- Date Modified: