Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Boat Operators in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlooks have been developed for the territories at this time.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 16 - Feb 20, 2015
- The Government of Yukon has awarded a $3.2M contract to Canyon City Construction to design and build a replacement for the St. Elias Residence in Whitehorse
- The Government of Yukon has announced increased funding through the Yukon Museum Assistance Program for project development at museums and First Nation cultural centres
- The Government of Yukon is extending its American Sign Language Interpreting Program for three years. The program provides members of the deaf and hard-of-hearing communities with interpretive services across a range of health and social activities.
- The Government of Yukon has extended the mineral claim staking prohibition in the Ross River Area to January 31, 2017. The extension will allow time for additional consultations with the Ross River Dena Council.
- Holloway Lodging has purchased the Ramada Inn in Whitehorse and will be rebranding the hotel as a Days Inn. Renovations are planned for the fall of 2015, but the new owners do not anticipate any staff reductions.
- The Wolverine Mine, north of Watson Lake, is closing for several months, due in part to lower metal prices. The Yukon Zinc Corporation, the mine owner, is laying off approximately 220 people.
- The Government of Yukon has announced continued support for mineral exploration in the territory through enhanced incentives for work on existing claims, as well as an increased funding for the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program
- The Yukon Territory recently recruited a specialist obstetrician/gynecologist. In total, the territory now has three physicians to support women's health
- Date Modified: