Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Boat Operators in Yukon Territory
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Boat Operators (NOC 7436) in the Yukon due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 24 - Aug 28, 2015
- The Government of Yukon is providing $930,000 to 17 community groups to support programs that contribute to community well-being. The projects will create temporary and seasonal employment across the territory.
- The Yukon Hospital Corporation has started construction of the $72M upgrade to the Whitehorse General Hospital, which includes a new emergency room. The project is slated for completion in 2017.
- The City of Whitehorse has an estimated $1M budget surplus due to being understaffed in many departments. The city stated that it is having a difficult time attracting qualified applicants.
- Farmer Robert's, a local and organic food retailer, is set to open in Whitehorse. The store is planning to specialize in Yukon-grown produce.
- Yukon Zinc has filed a plan to pay out a portion of its debt to creditors to avoid selling the Wolverine mine. The parent company, Jinduicheng Canada Resources Corporation, will pay $4.5M to unsecured creditors and the full amount owed to 131 employees.
- Klondike Gold Corp. has started a drilling program at its Lone Star property south of Dawson City. The company has contracted Kluane Drilling of Whitehorse to drill approximately 12 holes at the site.
- The Beaver Creek fire department is seeking additional volunteer fire fighters and other emergency personnel to help fill its new fire hall and ambulance station. The facility also provides a venue for training.
- The Government of Yukon is providing $220,000 to the Hospice Yukon Society which will allow it to purchase a permanent building. The employees and volunteers work from a small house in downtown Whitehorse, which the owner now wishes to sell.
- The Government of Yukon is providing $131,200 to four First Nation governments and two Yukon community organizations for crime prevention and victim support programs. The programs provide employment for Yukon youth and students.
- The Government of Yukon is providing $1.4M to support programs in sport and recreation across the territory. The funding will help develop programs that support active lifestyles.
- The Government of Yukon is investing $70,000 in a tour promoting the territory's mining industry. The Yukon Mining Alliance, a group of the territory's exploration and mining companies, will host the tour August 10 to 14 in the territory.
- Capstone Mining is proceeding with development of its Minto North mine after a new water use license was granted for the site. The company plans to start processing ore from the pit in December 2015.
- Date Modified: