Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, trade, broadcasting and other service companies not elsewhere classified. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors.
chief executive officer (CEO), travel agency, chief financial officer (CFO), professional sports club, corporate controller, restaurant chain, executive director, automobile association, general manager, cleaning service, president, department store, regional vice-president, hotel chain, vice-president, engineering – television broadcasting services, vice-president, finance – food wholesaling, vice-president, marketing – grocery store chain, vice-president, operations – radio broadcasting services.
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in the sale of a particular product or provision of a particular service.
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Trade, Broadcasting and Other Services, n.e.c. in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||<Not assigned>||2010-01-14|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 07 - Apr 11, 2014
- The Gexel call centre in Trois-Rivières wishes to add another 40-some employees to its current 130 workers (available in French only)
- By the summer, thirty-some people should be working at the new Desjardins call centre in Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
- Built for $5M, the RécréOFUN amusement park and the Pas-à-pas day-care centre will be open by November in Trois-Rivières, creating approximately 40 jobs (available in French only)
- On August 7, a new wave of approximately 40 layoffs will be taking place at the Rio Tinto Alcan aluminum smelter in Shawinigan, reducing the number of employees to around 80 (available in French only)
- A new $6M rest area in the Sainte-Marthe-du-Cap area of Trois-Rivières will create over a hundred jobs during and after construction (available in French only)
- The Cargair flying school will be moving to Trois-Rivières on April 1st (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et des Services sociaux de l'Énergie, in Shawinigan, is eliminating 15 of the 40 positions at the Centre Parents-Enfants (available in French only)
- Date Modified: