Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Trade, Broadcasting and Other Services, n.e.c. in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 09 - Mar 13, 2015
- The Le Florès inn restaurant in Shawinigan, must close its doors until May 1, pending the hiring of accountant and kitchen staff in its corporate and sales management branches (available in French only)
- No longer able to meet its financial obligations, Groupe Arsenault, which specializes in paving, snow removal and excavation, is suspending operations, resulting in the layoff of 70 employees in Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
- Louiseville-based boat dealer Fréchette Marine is shutting down its operations, and more than 20 employees will lose their jobs (available in French only)
- Avant-Garde Technologie CFMA, a robotic and technological solutions company in Trois-Rivières, will consolidate 55 jobs and create another 22 following a $1.5 million investment for international marketing (available in French only)
- Following the reunification of Automation Mauricie and its subsidiary CPMI Entrepreneurs Spécialisés, Trois-Rivières-based company NEKSYS created thirty skilled jobs (available in French only)
- The rescuing of the Rio Tinto Alcan casting centre by Shawinigan Aluminium saved about 60 jobs. Another 18 jobs were added with the hiring of production staff and additional engineers, and the opening of a project department and human resources department. The company is also considering hiring about 10 additional workers in the coming months.
- Passion Sport, a Louisville business specializing in the sale of motorcycles and off-road vehicles, will close on June 30, causing 12 employees to lose their jobs (available in French only)
- Shawinigan's ICO Technologies, a software package developer, is launching a $668,800 project, which should create around 10 jobs over the next 2 years (available in French only)
- Following internal restructuring, the City of Trois-Rivières has laid off 48 temporary blue-collar workers, whose work will be subcontracted in the future (available in French only)
- Following budget cuts imposed by the Government of Quebec's new fiscal deal, the Shawinigan local development centre will close down on May 31, causing the centre's 10 employees to lose their jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: