Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, trade, broadcasting and other service companies not elsewhere classified. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors.
chief executive officer (CEO), travel agency, chief financial officer (CFO), professional sports club, corporate controller, restaurant chain, executive director, automobile association, general manager, cleaning service, president, department store, regional vice-president, hotel chain, vice-president, engineering – television broadcasting services, vice-president, finance – food wholesaling, vice-president, marketing – grocery store chain, vice-president, operations – radio broadcasting services.
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in the sale of a particular product or provision of a particular service.
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Trade, Broadcasting and Other Services, n.e.c. in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 04 - Aug 08, 2014
- A $1.5M investment will create 13 jobs and consolidate 65 others in Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
- The construction of the aquatic centre at the Parc de la Péninsule camp site, a $2M investment, will begin in September in Sainte-Geneviève-de-Batiscan (available in French only)
- Shawinigan has welcomed its first IGA mini located in the heart of Québec. This new concept, part small grocery store and part convenience store, offers a restaurant service. Approximately 15 jobs have been created because of its opening inside the commercial complex, which includes a service station and car wash.
- Lac-Édouard's historic sanatorium will be given a second lease on life, with a large-scale strawberry production, and some 10 people that may work there next year (available in French only)
- Date Modified: