Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Managers in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Construction Managers (NOC 0711) in the Mauricie region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Construction Managers in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 340 people work in this occupation.
- Construction Managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 65%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 15% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 75% compared to 68% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 10% compared to 19% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 15 - Aug 19, 2016
- La Mauricie National Park is investing over $15M to repair its year-round paths and priority service buildings, thanks to funding provided by the Government of Canada (available in French only)
- A Holiday Inn Express & Suites with 111 rooms will be built in Trois-Rivières following an investment of over $10M. Construction will start in March 2017 and the hotel is expected to open in the spring of 2018. (available in French only)
- Place Belvédère will invest over $60M by September 2018 for the construction of its 3rd phase and two condo towers in Trois-Rivières. During the site's busiest period, which should begin in spring 2017, approximately 150 people will be working there. (available in French only)
- The Ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l'Électrification des transports has announced investments of $139M in the Mauricie region's roads in 2016¿2018, creating employment for 920 workers on 113 sites (available in French only)
- Date Modified: