Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
commercial construction manager, construction manager, construction superintendent, general contractor, housing construction manager, industrial construction manager, pipeline construction manager, project manager, construction, residential construction manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Managers in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
For the 2013-2015 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 30 - Jul 04, 2014
- Close to 620 jobs will be created or maintained, thanks to the Ministère des Transports du Québec's investment of $81.6M in Mauricie roads for the 2014-2016 period (available in French only)
- In Trois-Rivières, Kruger's cellulose filament pilot plant was inaugurated on June 17, following a $43.1M construction site, where hundred-some workers worked (available in French only)
- Approximately 60 workers are employed in the construction of the $49M amphitheatre in Trois-Rivières, which is scheduled to be completed December 31 (available in French only)
- Starting May 16, Groupe Bellemare will be ceasing some of its operations in Trois-Rivières, and approximately 25 contractual operators and 3 permanent employees will be losing their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: