Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Construction managers (NOC 0711) in the Mauricie region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Construction managers in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 380 people work in this occupation.
- Construction managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 60%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 10%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: less than 5% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 78% compared to 68% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 22% compared to 19% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 05 - Dec 09, 2016
- The official ground-breaking ceremony for the first phase of the Baie-Jolie - Quartier naturel housing project took place November 24. The $10M project will be completed over several years in the Pointe-du-Lac sector in the city of Trois-Rivières. (available in French only)
- Val-Mauricie Électrique, in Shawinigan, has doubled its workforce to 50 employees. The company provides commercial, industrial and residential electrical services.
- Les Habitations Paris & Frères has begun the first phase of a condominium development in Trois-Rivières, a project worth over $100M. Le Groupe Robin will invest $5M over the next year to build the required infrastructure. (available in French only)
- Some 200 employees are working on the $250M worksite to support the conversion of the number 10 paper machine at Kruger Trois-Rivières. From February 26 to May 7, 350 people will work there. The worksite represents 500,000 work hours in 20 months. (available in French only)
- The carpentry and joinery training offered by the Qualitech vocational training centre in Trois-Rivières has a placement rate of 80%. Currently, 7 groups of 22 students enrolled in the training program are currently attending the vocational training centre. (available in French only)
- Date modified: