Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Inspectors in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Construction Inspectors (NOC 2264) in the Mauricie region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Construction Inspectors in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 190 people work in this occupation.
- Construction Inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 43%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 18%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 15%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 12%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: n/a
- 25 to 54: 59% compared to 68% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: n/a
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- Garantie de construction résidentielle opened an office in Trois-Rivières, generating about 10 jobs, mainly for inspectors. This office, which will administer new residential construction warranty plans, will cover all of Eastern Quebec. (available in French only)
- Collège Shawinigan will offer an attestation of collegial studies in hygiene and cleanliness for sanitary maintenance. Graduates will be ensured work at one of the Centre Intégré Universitaire de santé et de services sociaux facilities in Shawinigan or in Trois-Rivières. (available in French only)
- Maison Isabelle is creating 15 jobs, bringing their total employee number to 30. A night shift will be added on September 19, allowing this Trois-Rivières cake, pie, and cookie maker to operate 24 hours a day, five days a week. (available in French only)
- Construction of the Résidences des bâtisseurs, a seniors' residence, could begin in June in La Tuque. The investment of over $20M will create 50 jobs. At the end of its two phases, the building is to contain more than 200 apartments. (available in French only)
- The Produits de nos grand-mères plant in Saint-Séverin was destroyed by a fire on September 15, leaving about 50 people out of work. This food products manufacturer plans to relaunch activities as soon as possible. (available in French only)
- The Marie-Leneuf school in Trois-Rivières will undergo renovations valued at more than $18.4M, including the construction of an additional wing, enlargement of classrooms, and refurbishment of several rooms. The work should take about two years to complete. (available in French only)
- Le Marathon de l'emploi, a job-hunting day organized by the Carrefour jeunesse-emploi de Shawinigan, will be held on September 21. Young people aged 16 to 35 will be able to visit close to 800 businesses in the greater Shawinigan area and will have access to a job offer and internship pool. (available in French only)
- The Government of Quebec is investing $2.5M to outfit a warehouse space at the Port of Trois-Rivières. The $10M project will create 25 jobs. (available in French only)
- The Jack Saloon restaurant has just opened in Trois-Rivières, creating about 50 jobs (available in French only)
- McDonald's is investing in four of its restaurants in Mauricie, three in Trois-Rivières and one in Shawinigan. This investment, totaling $800,000, will create about 15 jobs at each location. (available in French only)
- Bell is investing nearly $50M to extend its fibre optic network in Trois-Rivières, Shawinigan, and the surrounding area. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: