Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Instructors in this unit group teach courses, such as motor vehicle or motorcycle driving, sewing or other courses, which are outside of educational institutions and not job-related. They are employed by driving schools, fabric retailers and other commercial establishments or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes driver's licence examiners, who are employed by provincial governments, and tutors who provide instruction in elementary or secondary school subjects.
driver's licence examiner, driving instructor, instructor, modelling and finishing school, motorcycle driving instructor, sewing instructor – non-vocational.
- Driving instructors instruct individuals on proper motor vehicle driving skills and traffic regulations, demonstrate and explain the handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and supervise individuals during practice driving.
- Driver's licence examiners conduct road test examinations and evaluate the driving ability of applicants for driver's licences.
- Sewing instructors give instruction to students in techniques and skills of sewing, tailoring and dressmaking.
- Modelling and finishing school instructors give instruction on comportment, personal development, make-up application and modelling techniques for fashion shows and magazine advertising.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Instructors in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 24 - Mar 28, 2014
- The Cargair flying school will be moving to Trois-Rivières on April 1st (available in French only)
- To balance its 2013-2014 budget, the Commission scolaire du Chemin-du-Roy in Trois-Rivières will be eliminating at least 18 positions (available in French only)
- The Carrefour Jeunesse Emploi of Shawinigan hires 8 professionals to co-ordinate the ¿Pathways to Education¿ program to fight school dropout (available in French only)
- $4.1M was needed to expand the Sainte-Bernadette pavilion at the des Bâtisseurs school in Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
- Date Modified: