Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Metal Forming, Shaping and Erecting Trades in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
For the 2013-2015 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 20 - Oct 24, 2014
- Representing an initial investment of $2M, the opening of a second Desjardins call centre in Trois-Rivières will enable 60 jobs to be created. (available in French only)
- With the arrival of CGI in Shawinigan, which will require an investment of several tens of millions of dollars, 300 IT services jobs will be created within three years (available in French only)
- Premier Aviation Overhaul Centre in Trois-Rivières and Delastek in Shawinigan have labour needs, especially in aerospace structure assembly, composite materials manufacturing and mechanical assembly (available in French only)
- About 60 jobs were created in the past year at Kongsberg Automotive in Shawinigan, and around 10 research and development jobs are still available, as well as a few production day labourer jobs (available in French only)
- Shalwin would like to recruit 15 employees as window installers or project managers at its Shawinigan plant (available in French only)
- In Saint-Élie-de-Caxton, close to 15 students work on a full-time basis during the summer, whether in reception or in various tourist attractions (available in French only)
- Despite the arrival of 27 new family doctors in Mauricie, about 100 physicians are still required to meet to needs of the region (available in French only)
- A Familiprix pharmacy will open its doors in Trois-Rivières in February, following an investment of close to $2M. Ten jobs will be created.
- Thirty-four positions will be progressively abolished over the next year, following the closure of the Health Canada compensation office in Shawinigan (available in French only)
- On October 2, Loblaws made way for Provigo Le Marché in Trois-Rivières and the revitalization of the business created 75 new jobs (available in French only)
- Between February and September, AddÉnergie Technologies doubled its workforce, reaching 30-some employees in Shawinigan, and the electric car recharging station manufacturer continues to hire staff (available in French only)
- Following restructuring operations, Saputo will close its Nutrilait milk manufacturing plant in Trois-Rivières and 60-some employees will be losing their jobs by August 28, 2015 (available in French only)
- Date Modified: