Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes sheet metal, ironwork, welding and boilermaking trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Sheet Metal Workers</i> (7261), <i>Boilermakers</i> (7262), <i>Structural Metal and Platework Fabricators and Fitters</i> (7263), <i>Ironworkers</i> (7264), <i>Welders and Related Machine Operators</i> (7265) and <i>Blacksmiths and Die Setters</i> (7266). They are employed by structural, platework and related metal products fabrication, manufacturing and erecting companies.
contractor, ironwork, foreman/woman, blacksmiths, foreman/woman, boilermakers, foreman/woman, ironworkers, supervisor, boilermakers, supervisor, sheet metal workers, supervisor, structural metal fitters, supervisor, welders.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who shape, form and join metal parts or products to specified dimensions and erect light and heavy metal products and structures
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- Set up machines and equipment
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of apprentices, machine operators, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Metal Forming, Shaping and Erecting Trades in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-20|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 07 - Apr 11, 2014
- The Gexel call centre in Trois-Rivières wishes to add another 40-some employees to its current 130 workers (available in French only)
- By the summer, thirty-some people should be working at the new Desjardins call centre in Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
- Built for $5M, the RécréOFUN amusement park and the Pas-à-pas day-care centre will be open by November in Trois-Rivières, creating approximately 40 jobs (available in French only)
- On August 7, a new wave of approximately 40 layoffs will be taking place at the Rio Tinto Alcan aluminum smelter in Shawinigan, reducing the number of employees to around 80 (available in French only)
- A new $6M rest area in the Sainte-Marthe-du-Cap area of Trois-Rivières will create over a hundred jobs during and after construction (available in French only)
- The Cargair flying school will be moving to Trois-Rivières on April 1st (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et des Services sociaux de l'Énergie, in Shawinigan, is eliminating 15 of the 40 positions at the Centre Parents-Enfants (available in French only)
- Date Modified: