Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Supervisors, mineral and metal processing (NOC 9211) in the Mauricie region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 12 - Dec 16, 2016
- Nemaska Lithium has hired 20 operations technicians to date in Shawinigan. The plant is expected to go into operation in the first quarter of 2017 following its construction at a cost of $25M. (available in French only)
- KiNipi Spa et Bains nordiques in Trois-Rivières will be offering accommodation in fall 2017 following an investment of $7.92M. Thirty jobs will be added to the current 70 when the 24 accommodation units are built. (available in French only)
- The Kiné Option Santé fitness centre will be opening on January 9 in Shawinigan, creating six therapist jobs (massage therapists, physiotherapists and orthotherapists) and fitness trainer positions (available in French only)
- Carrefour emploi du Haut St-Maurice is now offering its services to persons aged 36 and older as a result of an agreement with Emploi-Québec. The organization is providing support services for workforce integration or return to school. (available in French only)
- Cabane chez Roger de Saint-Prosper closed on December 11 due to financial difficulties. This sugar shack was also a base for snowmobiles. (available in French only)
- Odacité confirmed the opening of an IGA supermarket, a Familiprix pharmacy, a Dollarama, and the Clinique médicale M in Trois-Rivières in June 2017. The investment of over $18M will create more than 200 jobs, including about 100 at the IGA Paquette supermarket. (available in French only)
- The official ground-breaking ceremony for the first phase of the Baie-Jolie - Quartier naturel housing project took place November 24. The $10M project will be completed over several years in the Pointe-du-Lac sector in the city of Trois-Rivières. (available in French only)
- The number of jobs at the deli meat company La Fernandière, in Trois-Rivières, has doubled to 160 since June, and production has tripled. The company is set to expand in spring 2017, creating even more jobs. (available in French only)
- Val-Mauricie Électrique, in Shawinigan, has doubled its workforce to 50 employees. The company provides commercial, industrial and residential electrical services.
- In fall 2017, the Cégep de Trois-Rivières will resume its diploma of college studies program in pulp and paper technology to meet the industry's significant need for skilled labour. The new program will be named "Écodéveloppement et bioproduits." (available in French only)
- Date modified: