Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Supervisors, Mineral and Metal Processing (NOC 9211) in the Mauricie region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 28 - Dec 02, 2016
- The number of jobs at the deli meat company La Fernandière, in Trois-Rivières, has doubled to 160 since June, and production has tripled. The company is set to expand in spring 2017, creating even more jobs. (available in French only)
- Val-Mauricie Électrique, in Shawinigan, has doubled its workforce to 50 employees. The company provides commercial, industrial and residential electrical services.
- In fall 2017, the Cégep de Trois-Rivières will resume its diploma of college studies program in pulp and paper technology to meet the industry's significant need for skilled labour. The new program will be named "Écodéveloppement et bioproduits." (available in French only)
- Nemaska Lithium in Shawinigan is looking for operator technicians capable of following chemical processes in their work as well as maintenance, instrumentation and industrial maintenance workers. The plant will hire a minimum of 80 employees. (available in French only)
- The M/S Jacques-Cartier, whose home port is Trois-Rivières, will be refurbished thanks to a $6.6M investment. The ship's return will create 20 full-time jobs, 18 of which will be seasonal, through cruises being offered on the St. Lawrence River. (available in French only)
- The Shawinigan Tax Centre's new function will result in the creation of 70 full-time jobs within the next two years, the number of full-time equivalents increasing from 790 to 860. Shawinigan will become the largest centre in Canada for audit and collections. (available in French only)
- Les Habitations Paris & Frères has begun the first phase of a condominium development in Trois-Rivières, a project worth over $100M. Le Groupe Robin will invest $5M over the next year to build the required infrastructure. (available in French only)
- Date modified: