Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors, mineral and metal processing, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following groups: <i>Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9231), <i>Machine Operators and Related Workers in Metal and Mineral Products Processing</i> (941) and <i>Labourers in Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9611). They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
blast furnace foreman/woman, brick and tile foreman/woman, cement processing supervisor, coremaking foreman/woman, die casting supervisor, foreman/woman, lead refining, lime preparation foreman/woman, melting and roasting department supervisor, ore milling supervisor, roll shop operations coach – steel mill, shift co-ordinator, steel mill, supervisor, glass cutters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers engaged in the following duties: operating single or multi-function mineral and metal processing machinery and equipment; operating mouldmaking and coremaking machines or manually make moulds and cores; operating glass process control, forming and finishing machines; operating concrete, clay and stone forming and finishing machines; and operating cement process control and machines and equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with units
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mineral and Metal Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
For the 2013-2015 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 04 - Aug 08, 2014
- A $1.5M investment will create 13 jobs and consolidate 65 others in Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
- The construction of the aquatic centre at the Parc de la Péninsule camp site, a $2M investment, will begin in September in Sainte-Geneviève-de-Batiscan (available in French only)
- Shawinigan has welcomed its first IGA mini located in the heart of Québec. This new concept, part small grocery store and part convenience store, offers a restaurant service. Approximately 15 jobs have been created because of its opening inside the commercial complex, which includes a service station and car wash.
- Lac-Édouard's historic sanatorium will be given a second lease on life, with a large-scale strawberry production, and some 10 people that may work there next year (available in French only)
- Date Modified: