Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors, mineral and metal processing, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following groups: <i>Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9231), <i>Machine Operators and Related Workers in Metal and Mineral Products Processing</i> (941) and <i>Labourers in Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9611). They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
blast furnace foreman/woman, brick and tile foreman/woman, cement processing supervisor, coremaking foreman/woman, die casting supervisor, foreman/woman, lead refining, lime preparation foreman/woman, melting and roasting department supervisor, ore milling supervisor, roll shop operations coach – steel mill, shift co-ordinator, steel mill, supervisor, glass cutters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers engaged in the following duties: operating single or multi-function mineral and metal processing machinery and equipment; operating mouldmaking and coremaking machines or manually make moulds and cores; operating glass process control, forming and finishing machines; operating concrete, clay and stone forming and finishing machines; and operating cement process control and machines and equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with units
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mineral and Metal Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-11-23|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 07 - Apr 11, 2014
- The Gexel call centre in Trois-Rivières wishes to add another 40-some employees to its current 130 workers (available in French only)
- By the summer, thirty-some people should be working at the new Desjardins call centre in Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
- Built for $5M, the RécréOFUN amusement park and the Pas-à-pas day-care centre will be open by November in Trois-Rivières, creating approximately 40 jobs (available in French only)
- On August 7, a new wave of approximately 40 layoffs will be taking place at the Rio Tinto Alcan aluminum smelter in Shawinigan, reducing the number of employees to around 80 (available in French only)
- A new $6M rest area in the Sainte-Marthe-du-Cap area of Trois-Rivières will create over a hundred jobs during and after construction (available in French only)
- The Cargair flying school will be moving to Trois-Rivières on April 1st (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et des Services sociaux de l'Énergie, in Shawinigan, is eliminating 15 of the 40 positions at the Centre Parents-Enfants (available in French only)
- Date Modified: