Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mineral and Metal Processing in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
For the 2013-2015 period, job opportunities in the Mauricie region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 13 - Oct 17, 2014
- Despite the arrival of 27 new family doctors in Mauricie, about 100 physicians are still required to meet to needs of the region (available in French only)
- A Familiprix pharmacy will open its doors in Trois-Rivières in February, following an investment of close to $2M. Ten jobs will be created.
- Thirty-four positions will be progressively abolished over the next year, following the closure of the Health Canada compensation office in Shawinigan (available in French only)
- On October 2, Loblaws made way for Provigo Le Marché in Trois-Rivières and the revitalization of the business created 75 new jobs (available in French only)
- Between February and September, AddÉnergie Technologies doubled its workforce, reaching 30-some employees in Shawinigan, and the electric car recharging station manufacturer continues to hire staff (available in French only)
- Following restructuring operations, Saputo will close its Nutrilait milk manufacturing plant in Trois-Rivières and 60-some employees will be losing their jobs by August 28, 2015 (available in French only)
- Fifteen jobs will be created and 57 others will be consolidated at Shawinigan-based Service d'intervention sur mesure (SIM), following a project, worth close to $1.3M, which aimed to improve one of its software package suites (available in French only)
- Consultants Mesar, a consulting engineering firm based out of Trois-Rivières, is growing and looking for new talent (available in French only)
- La Coop fédérée, based in Trois-Rivières, will be closing on January 16, and 110 of the 130 employees who are still working, despite the closure announcement made on February 7, will lose their jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: