Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Labourers in Metal Fabrication (NOC 9612) in the Mauricie region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in Metal Fabrication in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 170 people work in this occupation.
- Labourers in Metal Fabrication mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 42%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 17%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 16%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 7%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 10 - Oct 14, 2016
- Chemise Empire in Louiseville is seeking 10 tailors to replace their retiring staff. Additionally, Meubles Canadel in Louiseville requires 4 to 6 employees for its stitching and upholstery department. (available in French only)
- Coloridé, a Louiseville-based company specializing in synthetic hair production, wants to hire at least 30 people full time. Coloridé is also seeking at-home workers to glue synthetic hair. (available in French only)
- The agrifood sector in the RCM of Maskinongé has at least about 15 jobs available. The manufacturing sector is also looking for quality control technicians, milling machinery operators, painters, and cabinetmakers. (available in French only)
- Auberge le Baluchon in St-Paulin is seeking a dozen employees to fill receptionist, kitchen hand, cook, maintenance staff, and massage therapist positions. Tourism companies in the RCM of Maskinongé are also hiring. (available in French only)
- Équipements Gaétan in Lac-aux-Sables will invest $3.2M to improve its facilities and develop new markets, creating 27 jobs. The company manufactures drilling and anchoring equipment. (available in French only)
- Marquis Book Printing in Louiseville needs about 10 workers for plant supervision, customer service, for which bilingual staff would be needed, production, and binding. The company currently employs 141 people. (available in French only)
- Nemaska Lithium in Shawinigan is looking for about 30 operators with experience in chemical transformation (available in French only)
- The Coopérative de solidarité d'aide à domicile de l'Énergie in Shawinigan is expected to double its workforce to meet demand. The co-op, which employs about 40 people, has a very high number of needs due to population aging. (available in French only)
- Technologies Bionest in Shawinigan is offering positions in accounting, after-sales service, systems analysis, and warehousing. The company manufactures wastewater purification systems. (available in French only)
- The Trou du diable microbrewery is looking for bottling workers, sales staff, administrative personnel, and a chef. The company employs about 100 people. (available in French only)
- HDI Technologies in Shawinigan is looking for both technical and production staff. The company, which specializes in manufacturing electromechanical systems for the transportation industry, is growing quickly. HDI has expertise in assembling wiring harnesses, instrument panels, and industrial control panels.
- The continuing education and business services team at the Cégep de Trois-Rivières is offering "La route vers l'emploi," a program for people between the ages of 50 and 64 who want to reintegrate into the labour market. The program, which lasts 10 weeks, has a job placement rate close to 90%. Among other things, it helps people develop computing skills.
- Siemens Transformateurs Canada Inc. hired 25 people at its 2 Trois-Rivières plants in the past year. The company is investing $1M in new production equipment, which will open up five new positions. (available in French only)
- The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières will invest $7.7M to build new offices for instructors and renovate classrooms and the Pierre-Boucher building's laboratories. Gilles-Boulet Avenue, located on the campus, was recently repaired. (available in French only)
- The ARM Collection Agency is hiring in Shawinigan, as are CGI Group which works in information technology services, and PMA Assurances, which is seeking insurance agents (available in French only)
- JYSK, a furniture and home décor retailer, opened a store in Trois-Rivières on September 17. JYSK also sells products for outside the home. (available in French only)
- The Centre d'entrepreneuriat Alphonse-Desjardins in Shawinigan includes 52 companies and 9 organizations that employ 190 people (available in French only)
- The Salon de l'emploi, de la formation et de l'entrepreneuriat for job seekers in Shawinigan will take place on October 5 at the Centre Gervais Auto. In 2015, 73 exhibitors participated. (available in French only)
- An IGA grocery store, a Familiprix pharmacy, and a Dollarama store will soon be built in Trois-Rivières following an investment of more than $25M. Phase one of the area, named Le Citadin, will include these businesses as well as office space. (available in French only)
- Date modified: