Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Labourers in Metal Fabrication (NOC 9612) in the Mauricie region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in Metal Fabrication in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 170 people work in this occupation.
- Labourers in Metal Fabrication mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 42%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 17%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 16%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 7%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 21 - Nov 25, 2016
- In fall 2017, the Cégep de Trois-Rivières will resume its diploma of college studies program in pulp and paper technology to meet the industry's significant need for skilled labour. The new program will be named "Écodéveloppement et bioproduits." (available in French only)
- Nemaska Lithium in Shawinigan is looking for operator technicians capable of following chemical processes in their work as well as maintenance, instrumentation and industrial maintenance workers. The plant will hire a minimum of 80 employees. (available in French only)
- The M/S Jacques-Cartier, whose home port is Trois-Rivières, will be refurbished thanks to a $6.6M investment. The ship's return will create 20 full-time jobs, 18 of which will be seasonal, through cruises being offered on the St. Lawrence River. (available in French only)
- The Shawinigan Tax Centre's new function will result in the creation of 70 full-time jobs within the next two years, the number of full-time equivalents increasing from 790 to 860. Shawinigan will become the largest centre in Canada for audit and collections. (available in French only)
- Les Habitations Paris & Frères has begun the first phase of a condominium development in Trois-Rivières, a project worth over $100M. Le Groupe Robin will invest $5M over the next year to build the required infrastructure. (available in French only)
- Epsilia is creating some 10 jobs in Trois-Rivières in the upcoming months. The company, which specializes in traceability solutions for businesses, will invest $1M in technology over the next two years. (available in French only)
- Kruger Trois-Rivières must recruit between 15 and 20 employees every year for the next five years to fill retirement departures. The newspaper plant is searching for technicians, labourers, and handlers. (available in French only)
- Some 200 employees are working on the $250M worksite to support the conversion of the number 10 paper machine at Kruger Trois-Rivières. From February 26 to May 7, 350 people will work there. The worksite represents 500,000 work hours in 20 months. (available in French only)
- Germain et Frère, a metallic product manufacturer and building services installer in Trois-Rivières, has created 20 jobs largely related to the conversion of the number 10 paper machine at Kruger Trois-Rivières (available in French only)
- The carpentry and joinery training offered by the Qualitech vocational training centre in Trois-Rivières has a placement rate of 80%. Currently, 7 groups of 22 students enrolled in the training program are currently attending the vocational training centre. (available in French only)
- Date modified: