Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Labourers in metal fabrication (NOC 9612) in the Mauricie region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in metal fabrication in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 140 people work in this occupation.
- Labourers in metal fabrication mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 60%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 16%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 11%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: n/a
- 25 to 54: 64% compared to 68% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: n/a
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 13 - Feb 17, 2017
- Duchesne et Fils, a construction material manufacturer based in Yamachiche, is currently seeking qualified workers to fill 40 plant and office positions following significant business growth (available in French only)
- Saint-Augustin Canada Electric Inc will set up a $28M solar panel manufacturing plant in Trois-Rivières by the end of the summer, which will create 40 jobs. Site development is currently in progress, and 80% of production will be devoted to exportation. (available in French only)
- Clothing manufacturers in Trois-Rivières, Louiseville, and the RCM of Chenaux are seeking industrial sewing machine operators. A 12-week training course will begin in February to address this need. (available in French only)
- Alinov, a practice firm in Trois-Rivières, facilitates the integration or the reintegration of its participants into the labour market within its 14 week program. Alinov has a placement rate that varies between 80% and 90% annually. (available in French only)
- The Expo Mékinac, a commercial and industrial fair, will take place from April 21 to 23 at the Sportium de Saint-Tite, and a job area will allow job seekers to engage with employers (available in French only)
- Shawinigan's Centre d'apprentissage et de formation en entrepreneuriat féminin (CAFE) promotes employability and entrepreneurship among women aged 35 and older who are far from the labour market by starting practice firms (available in French only)
- Louiseville's Chemise Empire needs industrial sewing machine operators. For this reason, the RCM of Maskinongé is taking part in developing a training program that a dozen students will be able to attend when it starts in a few weeks. (available in French only)
- Louiseville's Marquis Gagné Printing is expected to increase its staff from 140 to 200 employees within 4 years, following its expansion. Furthermore, over 100 jobs are available in the RCM of Maskinongé in various fields. (available in French only)
- Trois-Rivières' Tonix Gym et Spa Urbain will close on February 24, and some 20 employees will be laid off. The Tonix Spa Urbain will probably resume operations once construction is completed at the Delta Marriott Trois-Rivières in 2018. (available in French only)
- The Satyre Cabaret-Spectacle in Trois-Rivières closed. The performing arts hall with about 150 seats was unable to ensure it remains profitable. (available in French only)
- Date modified: