Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Metal Fabrication in Mauricie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Mauricie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Labourers in Metal Fabrication (NOC 9612) in the Mauricie region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in Metal Fabrication in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 170 people work in this occupation.
- Labourers in Metal Fabrication mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 42%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 17%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 16%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 7%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 09 - May 13, 2016
- Place Belvédère will invest over $60M by September 2018 for the construction of its 3rd phase and two condo towers in Trois-Rivières. During the site's busiest period, which should begin in spring 2017, approximately 150 people will be working there. (available in French only)
- The Broadway Pub Brasserie Artisanale in Shawinigan will create 3 or 4 full-time jobs and around 15 part-time jobs this summer for a total of 45 employees, following the construction of a new patio behind the business (available in French only)
- Nemaska Lithium of Shawinigan will unveil in the coming weeks the list of jobs that will be offered after the completion of its phase 1, which required an investment of $38M. Plant operations are expected to begin in March 2017. (available in French only)
- A year after opening in Shawinigan, CGI Group Inc. employs 80 programmer analysts and quality assurance testers. CGI plans to reach 300 jobs by 2018, despite difficulties finding qualified personnel in the region. (available in French only)
- The Ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l'Électrification des transports has announced investments of $139M in the Mauricie region's roads in 2016¿2018, creating employment for 920 workers on 113 sites (available in French only)
- Corporation Zedbed International in Shawinigan has grown from 45 to 65 employees since the beginning of February. The mattress manufacturer has had to manage growth since acquiring equipment from the old Litterie Sommex plant in Trois-Rivières. (available in French only)
- TecFab International is looking for welders and assemblers for its Shawinigan plant that specializes in manufacturing parts of all sizes for buildings, bridges and stadiums throughout Canada and the United States (available in French only)
- The Corporation de l'Amphithéâtre Cogeco in Trois-Rivières has more than 25 summer jobs to fill in various departments, including logistics and customer service (available in French only)
- Health Canada's payroll office in Shawinigan closed its doors on March 31 because this department was centralized in Miramichi, New Brunswick. Most of the 34 employees retired or were laid off. (available in French only)
- The Resolute Forest Products sawmill in Rivière-aux-Rats will resume its operations, and its 125 employees should be back at work in early June because market conditions have improved. However, logging operations will not resume. (available in French only)
- Around 40 to 50 workers (welders, crane and heavy equipment operators, electricians, surveyors, plumbers and carpenters) are working at bay 13 at the port in Trois-Rivières. Work at the site began mid-February and will be completed in December. (available in French only)
- Marmen is constantly looking for welders and labourers at its machine shop in Trois-Rivières to continue expanding (available in French only)
- Date Modified: