Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 27 - May 01, 2015
- The Cégep de Gaspé will be eliminating at least six support positions by the beginning of the next school year (available in French only)
- The Côte-de-Gaspé health care and social services centre will be eliminating 7 to 9 orderly positions, according to the Fédération de la santé et des services sociaux-CSN (available in French only)
- In August, 900 employees will be working at the McInnis Cement plant in Port-Daniel-Gascons. The project will create 200 direct jobs once operations begin in 2016. (available in French only)
- In Bonaventure, the Bioparc de la Gaspésie will invest $5.6M by 2017 to modernize its facilities, which will lead to the creation of up to 10 new positions (available in French only)
- The Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de la Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine has set a goal of hiring 12 general practitioners each year; employee departures are currently replaced every year. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: