Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineer officers, water transport, operate and maintain main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships and other self-propelled vessels and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of engine room crews. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
chief engineer – water transport, engineer officer – water transport, fourth engineer, marine engineer officer, marine engineer officer – military, second engineer, third engineer, tugboat engineer.
- Operate main engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment aboard ships, such as boilers, steering and deck machinery, motors, pumps, generators and condensers
- Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repair to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of engine room crew
- Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||<Not assigned>||2010-12-07|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 07 - Apr 11, 2014
- By hiring approximately fifteen employees at its Cap-Chat plant, Orbite Aliminae expects to double its workforce in the upcoming months (available in French only)
- Ice conditions are delaying the start of the crab fishing season and nearly 250 workers from the Unipêche M.D.M. plant in Paspébiac are on stand-by (available in French only)
- At New Richmond-based Fabrication Delta, a turbine tower manufacturing plant, the number of employees shrank from 130 to 90 in January (available in French only)
- The Haute-Gaspésie health and social services centre has a significant need for nursing staff (available in French only)
- In Cap-Chat, Orbite Aluminae plans to hire 25 new employees (mechanics, instrumentation technicians and process technicians) at the beginning of the summer (available in French only)
- Béton Provincial, which landed the contract for the new Ciment McInnis cement plant, will start construction at Port-Daniel-Gascons in April, creating 10 new jobs in the Gaspé region. (available in French only)
- With an investment of close to $8M, the Super C grocery store in the Gaspé opened on February 27, creating 70 jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: