Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineer officers, water transport, operate and maintain main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships and other self-propelled vessels and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of engine room crews. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
chief engineer – water transport, engineer officer – water transport, fourth engineer, marine engineer officer, marine engineer officer – military, second engineer, third engineer, tugboat engineer.
- Operate main engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment aboard ships, such as boilers, steering and deck machinery, motors, pumps, generators and condensers
- Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repair to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of engine room crew
- Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 28 - Aug 01, 2014
- Works have started at the Ciment McInnis cement factory in Port-Daniel-Gascons, where 400 construction workers will be working at the beginning of August (available in French only)
- Le Centre de santé et de services sociaux de la Haute-Gaspésie (CSSSHG) is looking to hire 20 nurses and 11 physicians. The CSSS, however, will reduce its number of executives by 25% over the next year. (available in French only)
- At least 5 student jobs will be funded by the Caisse Desjardins of Haute-Gaspésie (available in French only)
- The Coopérative Jeunesse de services de Gaspé has offered 10 young people the opportunity to create their summer jobs (available in French only)
- Close to 850 jobs will be created or maintained following $119.5M worth of highway investments from the Ministère des Transports du Québec in the Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine region for the 2014-2016 period (available in French only)
- Following a $1.5M investment for the development of Saint-Elzéar's CONTACT cooperative, which aims to improve its manufacturing division of pre-manufactured wood exterior siding, 15 people will be hired within a month (available in French only)
- Ciment McInnis needs a qualified workforce on the construction site of its cement manufacturing plant in Port-Daniel-Gascons, where a hundred-some people currently work (available in French only)
- Date Modified: