Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 02 - Mar 06, 2015
- The Ministère des Transports du Québec announced it will spend $108.2M on the Gaspésie and Îles-de-la-Madeleine road networks between 2015 and 2017 (available in French only)
- This summer, Gaspé-based Plaquettes de freins B.B. is planning to begin production of brake pads for high-powered wind turbines across North America. The company will initially hire 8 new workers, while up to an additional 35 employees will join in 3 years. (available in French only)
- About 40 employees lost their jobs following the closing of the Aqua-Mer Thalassothérapie spa in Carleton-sur-Mer on January 29. The owners have put the company up for sale. (available in French only)
- After nearly closing, the Merinov Quebec Fisheries and Aquaculture Innovation Centre in Gaspé received more than $400,000 from the Ministère de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation du Québec to fund five projects (available in French only)
- The Gaspé wind power industry will require some 40 windmill maintenance technicians by 2019, primarily because of the addition of new facilities. It will also be seeking workers in several other professions. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: