Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Engineer Officers, Water Transport (NOC 2274) in the Gaspésie - Îles-de-la-Madeleine region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 08 - Aug 12, 2016
- McInnis Cement in Port-Daniel-Gascons has reached an agreement with NovaAlgoma Cement Carriers Limited to acquire its first transport vessel. The agreement should create some 25 jobs at the beginning of 2017. (available in French only)
- The federal government is investing $3M over three years in the TechnoCentre éolien in Gaspé (available in French only)
- The Caisse de dépôt et de placement is investing an additional $125M in the construction of McInnis Cement's cement plant in Port-Daniel-Gascon and taking control of the project (available in French only)
- The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de la Gaspésie will open a mental health centre in New Richmond, creating some 10 jobs. The next few months will be dedicated to renovating, and the centre should open in January. (available in French only)
- Gaspé's LM Wind Power has advertised 80 jobs, including 75 production day labourers. The wind turbine blade plant, which has increased its work schedule from 5 to 7 12-hour days, is relying on exportation to ensure its sustainability. (available in French only)
- Transport Canada has announced a $26M investment in port facilities in the Havre Polyvalent de Cape-aux-Meules, the asphalting of the Îles-de-la-Madeleine airport runway, and the airport's terminal (available in French only)
- Date Modified: