Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Engineer Officers, Water Transport (NOC 2274) in the Gaspésie - Îles-de-la-Madeleine region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 11 - Jul 15, 2016
- Transport Canada has announced a $26M investment in port facilities in the Havre Polyvalent de Cape-aux-Meules, the asphalting of the Îles-de-la-Madeleine airport runway, and the airport's terminal (available in French only)
- Parks Canada will invest $33M in infrastructure at the Forillon National Park and the Battle of the Restigouche National Historic Site. These funds will help restore the welcome centres, campgrounds, roads, and bridges. (available in French only)
- The Géoparc of Percé, Coop de solidarité, launched its activities on June 23, following investments totalling $7.3M. About 20 people work at the Géoparc, which is hoping to attract 40,000 visitors per year. (available in French only)
- The Ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l'Électrification des transports announced investments of $96.3M over 2 years in the roads of Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine,which will generate employment for 600 workers on 105 sites (available in French only)
- Sépaq is investing $9.4M in its Gaspé establishments¿$2.1M to rebuild heritage houses on Bonaventure Island, $4M for winter tourism, and $3.3M to fund heritage projects. This will create 93 direct and indirect jobs. (available in French only)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada will invest over $44M over two years in small craft harbours in the Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine region. Nine Îles-de-la-Madeleine harbours will receive a $15M investment this year, and $31M in total. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: