Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 30 - Apr 03, 2015
- The Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de la Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine has set a goal of hiring 12 general practitioners each year; employee departures are currently replaced every year. (available in French only)
- A delegation from Gaspésie is promoting the region's employment opportunities and programs, which provide financial assistance to help cover costs associated with job interviews and offer exploratory visits to the region, at various job fairs across Quebec (available in French only)
- As a result of the Canadian Coast Guard's recent efforts to centralize its communications at its centre in Les Escoumins, the Rivière-au-Renard Marine Communications and Traffic Services Centre will potentially close its doors on June 29, with 16 positions being eliminated (available in French only)
- The Ministère des Transports du Québec announced it will spend $108.2M on the Gaspésie and Îles-de-la-Madeleine road networks between 2015 and 2017 (available in French only)
- This summer, Gaspé-based Plaquettes de freins B.B. is planning to begin production of brake pads for high-powered wind turbines across North America. The company will initially hire 8 new workers, while up to an additional 35 employees will join in 3 years. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: