Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Engineer Officers, Water Transport (NOC 2274) in the Gaspésie - Îles-de-la-Madeleine region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 11 - Jan 15, 2016
- Chantier Naval Forillon in Gaspé is looking for about 20 welders after winning the largest contract in its history, which will employ about 50 of the shipyard's full-time workers for four years, starting in March (available in French only)
- Seventy-five specialist jobs were filled through the Stratégie d'établissement durable des personnes en Gaspésie et aux Îles de la Madeleine (available in French only)
- The Resto Bistro italien des Îles is closing its doors for good, as the Hôtel Motel Bellevue did in October. The two Magdalen Island companies went bankrupt. (available in French only)
- Construction of a sports complex in Paspébiac, which will include a covered skating rink, will cost $8,145,000. The developer hopes to begin construction in December, so that the complex can open in 2016. (available in French only)
- The Exploramer interpretive centre in Sainte-Anne-des-Monts has been saved from permanent closure, thanks to a donation from the Trottier Family Foundation. Exploramer's closure had been announced at the beginning of October. (available in French only)
- Between 300 and 400 workers will remain on at the McInnis Cement factory in Port-Daniel-Gascons over the winter, although nearly 800 were employed there over three shifts in September (available in French only)
- Date Modified: