Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Engineer Officers, Water Transport (NOC 2274) in the Gaspésie - Îles-de-la-Madeleine region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 21 - Nov 25, 2016
- The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de la Gaspésie will welcome 14 new general practioners and 3 specialists in 2017 (available in French only)
- LM Wind Power is in the process of hiring and is seeking employees to support the development of its Gaspé plant. The wind turbine blade manufacturer has hired some 100 workers since August and currently has 300 employees. (available in French only)
- Auberge Chic-Chac in Murdochville has purchased the Mont Miller ski resort. The Chic-Chac will provide permanent employment to 10 people and seasonal employment to 30 others as a result of this acquisition. The chalet is currently undergoing renovations. (available in French only)
- An expansion of Sainte-Anne-des-Monts' Poissonnerie Cévic, which is both a fish market and a grocery store, was completed this summer. Poissonnerie Cévic hired some six former employees of IGA, which closed on March 24, 2016. (available in French only)
- McInnis Cement currently has 63 employees at its Port-Daniel-Gascons cement factory, 65% of whom live in Gaspésie. This percentage should increase with the upcoming hiring of employees assigned to terminal operation and vessel towing. (available in French only)
- Port-Daniel-Gascons' McInnis cement factory had 1,500 workers on site at the end of October, but their numbers will drop to 400 in December, because the plant's construction is almost completed. The first tonne of cement will be delivered in spring 2017. (available in French only)
- Date modified: