Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics install, maintain, repair and overhaul residential central air conditioning systems, commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and combined heating, ventilation and cooling systems. They are employed by refrigeration and air conditioning installation contractors, various industrial settings, food wholesalers, engineering firms and retail and servicing establishments. Transport refrigeration mechanics are included in this unit group.
central air conditioning mechanic, commercial air conditioning mechanic, heating and cooling mechanic, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) mechanic, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic apprentice, refrigeration mechanic, transport refrigeration mechanic.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings or other specifications
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators and compressors using hand and power tools
- Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Install, troubleshoot and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
- May install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies
- May prepare work estimates for clients.
Outlook & Prospects for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics in Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 28 - Aug 01, 2014
- Works have started at the Ciment McInnis cement factory in Port-Daniel-Gascons, where 400 construction workers will be working at the beginning of August (available in French only)
- Close to 850 jobs will be created or maintained following $119.5M worth of highway investments from the Ministère des Transports du Québec in the Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine region for the 2014-2016 period (available in French only)
- Ciment McInnis needs a qualified workforce on the construction site of its cement manufacturing plant in Port-Daniel-Gascons, where a hundred-some people currently work (available in French only)
- Work will be launched in May at Ciment McInnis of Port-Daniel-Gascons, while a hundred-some workers will be on the construction site (available in French only)
- Date Modified: