Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Financial and investment analysts collect and analyze financial information such as economic forecasts, trading volumes and the movement of capital, financial backgrounds of companies, historical performances and future trends of stocks, bonds and other investment instruments to provide financial and investment or financing advice for their company or their company's clients. Their studies and evaluations cover areas such as takeover bids, private placements, mergers or acquisitions. Financial analysts are employed by a wide range of establishments throughout the private and public sector, such as banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies, investment companies, manufacturing firms, trust companies, utility companies and underwriting firms. Investment analysts are employed primarily by brokerage houses and trust companies.
chartered financial analyst, financial analyst, investment analyst, money market analyst, portfolio manager, research associate, financial services.
- Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations
- Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
- Analyze investment projects
- Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
- Follow up on financing projects with financial backers
- Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
- Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
- Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.
- Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
- Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
- Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
- Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence.
Outlook & Prospects for Financial and Investment Analysts in Centre-du-Québec Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Québec||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
For the 2013-2015 period, job opportunities in the Québec Province are expected to be good for this occupation.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Côte-Nord Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Estrie Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2014-07-21|
|Lanaudière Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Laurentides Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Laval Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Mauricie Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Montérégie Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Montréal Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Outaouais Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
|Saguenay--Lac-Saint-Jean Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- July 2014 | (PDF, 634 KB)
- June 2014 | (PDF, 608 KB)
- May 2014 | (PDF, 608 KB)
- April 2014 | (PDF, 729 KB)
- March 2014 | (PDF, 595 KB)
- February 2014 | (PDF, 566 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 418 KB)
- Annual Edition 2013 | (PDF, 681 KB) new
- December 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 487 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 627 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 235 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 435 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 570 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 437 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 434 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 563 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 225 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 225 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 545 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 521 KB, 10 pages)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 11 - Aug 15, 2014
- A $2.6M investment will make it possible to build a new Sainte-Paule service centre belonging to the Caisse Desjardins de Saint-Jérôme (available in French only)
- State Street, an American company specializing in portfolio and asset management, announced the creation of approximately 100 senior-level financial jobs in Montréal, following an agreement with the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (available in French only)
- Desjardins is investing $5.4M to build a financial hub within its offices located on Québec Avenue in Rouyn-Noranda (available in French only)
- TD Canada Trust bank group has just opened a new branch in Terrebonne, and a dozen new jobs have been created. A second branch will be opening in Terrebonne in May 2014. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: