Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
For the 2013-2015 period, job opportunities in the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 15 - Sep 19, 2014
- Québec City-based Vitrerie Laberge invested $2.2M to expand its plant and purchase new equipment. The expansion will permit the "potential" creation of 20 new jobs. (available in French only)
- Veau Charlevoix is ceasing all slaughter and veal product distribution operations for an indeterminate period. Its slaughterhouse in the Clermont industrial park, in the Charlevoix region, is closed and 18 workers will be losing their jobs. (available in French only)
- A year from now, Monastère des Augustines will become a comprehensive health hotel complex. Renovation and construction work are evaluated at more than $36M. The facility should create 60-some jobs. (available in French only)
- Optel Vision, located in the Quebec Metro High Tech Park, has expansion plans. The business will be investing $10M over the next several months to increase its presence on the international scene. Nearly 110 jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- A fire has destroyed the McDonald's on Henri-Bourassa boulevard in Québec City. About 60 employees worked at the restaurant. The business will try to relocate people in other restaurants to ensure no disruption of work. (available in French only)
- The Trois Tilleuls Hôtel & SPA, located in Saint-Marc-sur-Richelieu, will be renovated at a cost of $7M, which will consolidate the 60 current jobs (available in French only)
- By 2016, major upgrades will be made to Québec City's Les Galeries de la Capitale shopping centre. The project, estimated at more than $200M, is divided into 3 phases and phase 1 has just begun. (available in French only)
- Nobel Biocare, one of the largest dental implant manufacturers in the world, will be closing its Québec City plan by December 31, 2014. Some 76 semi-skilled workers will be jobless. (available in French only)
- Restauranteurs of the Galeries de la Capitale are being forced to close temporarily and lay off about a hundred people while awaiting completion of the new location, set to take between 8 and 12 months.
- High-end retailer Holt Renfrew will be closing its stores in Québec City and Ottawa in January. These two stores have 85 and 72 employees, respectively. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: