Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
For the 2013-2015 period, job opportunities in the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 01 - Sep 05, 2014
- Optel Vision, located in the Quebec Metro High Tech Park, has expansion plans. The business will be investing $10M over the next several months to increase its presence on the international scene. Nearly 110 jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- A fire has destroyed the McDonald's on Henri-Bourassa boulevard in Québec City. About 60 employees worked at the restaurant. The business will try to relocate people in other restaurants to ensure no disruption of work. (available in French only)
- The Trois Tilleuls Hôtel & SPA, located in Saint-Marc-sur-Richelieu, will be renovated at a cost of $7M, which will consolidate the 60 current jobs (available in French only)
- By 2016, major upgrades will be made to Québec City's Les Galeries de la Capitale shopping centre. The project, estimated at more than $200M, is divided into 3 phases and phase 1 has just begun. (available in French only)
- Nobel Biocare, one of the largest dental implant manufacturers in the world, will be closing its Québec City plan by December 31, 2014. Some 76 semi-skilled workers will be jobless. (available in French only)
- Restauranteurs of the Galeries de la Capitale are being forced to close temporarily and lay off about a hundred people while awaiting completion of the new location, set to take between 8 and 12 months.
- High-end retailer Holt Renfrew will be closing its stores in Québec City and Ottawa in January. These two stores have 85 and 72 employees, respectively. (available in French only)
- Canac hardware store, located on Henri-Bourassa boulevard in Québec, will be demolished and rebuilt from summer 2015 to spring 2016. Approximately 40 additional jobs should be added to the 44 existing positions. (available in French only)
- Expansion works are underway at the Canac hardware store on Armand-Paris boulevard in Beauport. About ten jobs will be created and added to the 144 existing positions. (available in French only)
- The 44 McDonald's restaurants in the greater Québec City region started an intensive hiring period on August 20. Two hundred and fifty part-time and full-time positions (cooks, cashiers, shift leaders, managers, etc.) need to be filled. (available in French only)
- A microbrewery should be opening its doors at the Duchesnay tourist station (Ste-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier). Its construction should begin this fall and end in the spring. A dozen jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- St-Bernard-based Aliments Breton will build a new mill in Scott. The investment is estimated at $32M and about 30 people will work at the mill. Work will commence this fall. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: