Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
blast furnace operator, central control caster, central control room operator, chief flotation operator, console operator – cement manufacturing, pelletizing control operator, roaster operator, rolling mill control operator.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of a particular aspect of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start up and shut down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- Provide or organize training for members of production crew
- Maintain shift log of production and other data and prepare production and other reports.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-18|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 14 - Jul 18, 2014
- On July 31, Archambault will close its Old Québec store due to the restructuring of its operations, resulting in the layoff of 18 employees (available in French only)
- A new Pizza Passion restaurant will open this summer in the Duberger-Les Saules sector in Québec. It is expected that fifteen-some people will be hired on a full-time basis. (available in French only)
- Following investments of $1M, L'Astral, the Loews Le Concorde restaurant, will be reopening its doors in October 2014. Close to 150 jobs should be created. (available in French only)
- Château Bellevue, a hotel complex for retirees located in Donnacona, is continuing its expansion, creating approximately 20 jobs. The expansion represents a $7M investment. (available in French only)
- In the coming weeks, five Jardin Mobile grocery stores will close in Quebec City (on chemin de la Canardière, boulevard Louis-XIV, and chemin Sainte-Foy, and in Val-Bélair and St-Romuald). Approximately 94 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: