Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 06 - Oct 10, 2014
- Serres Lacoste, specializing in tomato production, will be stopping its activities on November 7. The company, located in Les Éboulements in the Charlevoix region, employed about 40 workers. (available in French only)
- Québec City police will temporarily lay off 55 police officers; they will not be back to work until the beginning of April 2015 (available in French only)
- Budget cuts have hurt the National Optics Institute. About a dozen scientists were laid off and the work week was lengthened from 37.5 to 40 hours for all employees. (available in French only)
- In early September, Équation Humaine bought out Québec City's Piranha agency, a specialist in mobile marketing. The business plans to increase the number of employees from 30 to 50 in the Capital within one year.
- Industries Cover is closing its Baie-Saint-Paul plant for an indeterminate period. About 40 employees are affected by the lay-offs. (available in French only)
- A new Topla! fast-food restaurant location will soon open on Henri-Bourassa boulevard in Québec. Twenty-five to 30 persons will be hired. (available in French only)
- Québec City-based Vitrerie Laberge invested $2.2M to expand its plant and purchase new equipment. The expansion will permit the "potential" creation of 20 new jobs. (available in French only)
- Veau Charlevoix is ceasing all slaughter and veal product distribution operations for an indeterminate period. Its slaughterhouse in the Clermont industrial park, in the Charlevoix region, is closed and 18 workers will be losing their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: