Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
blast furnace operator, central control caster, central control room operator, chief flotation operator, console operator – cement manufacturing, pelletizing control operator, roaster operator, rolling mill control operator.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of a particular aspect of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start up and shut down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- Provide or organize training for members of production crew
- Maintain shift log of production and other data and prepare production and other reports.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-18|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 07 - Apr 11, 2014
- S. Huot, a Québec City business that offers design, machining, and installation services of specialized equipment for the mining industry, will be temporarily laying off around 50 people (available in French only)
- The fourth phase of the expansion plan of the ICUPQ research centre (Laval hospital) will begin in May. The works should continue until fall 2015. Upon completion, approximately 100 jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Some 70 positions are available at Château Frontenac for the summer season. Interviews will be held between April 11 and 17, as well as May 9 and 16
- A Ford dealership will be moving to Les Écureuils boulevard in Donnacona. The $5.1M project will be carried out at the end of May. Approximately 20 jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- Some 60 employees of the cafeteria in the Desjardins-Pollack hall at Université Laval received a mass lay-off notice. The employer, Laliberté gestion de services alimentaires, lost its contract with the University. (available in French only)
- The refiner Valero chose Groupe Desgagnés to transport crude oil on the St. Lawrence River, between Montréal and Lévis. According to Groupe Desgagnés, approximately 100 jobs will be created to transport Valero's crude oil. (available in French only)
- The restaurant Légende par la Tanière will open its doors in May. It will be located on rue St-Paul in Old Québec. Twenty-some jobs will be created. (available in French only)
- The third edition of Rendez-vous de l'emploi de la Jacques-Cartier will take place on April 10th from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Centre de la famille Valcartier. The event is for all job seekers and presents job offers of all kinds. (available in French only)
- A new IGA supermarket will open its doors at the end of the month of August in Boischatel. The investment is close to $14.5M and will provide work to more than 200 people. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: