Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing (NOC 9231) in the Capitale-Nationale region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- The Government of Canada will invest $37 million to restore the Québec Citadel and fortifications. The majority of this sum, $22M, will be used to repair Québec City's fortifications. (available in French only)
- The three Menchie's ice cream parlours in the Québec City region will shut their doors. In total, 15 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- The centre hospitalier universitaire (CHU) in Québec City is currently recruiting. It has significant workforce needs and must fill administrative officer and maintenance staff positions. (available in French only)
- Groupe Épicia has reopened its Jardin Mobile branch on Lebourgneuf Boulevard in Québec City, creating about 30 jobs (available in French only)
- Two developers in Baie-Saint-Paul are investing $5M to construct the Résidences de l'Estuaire. About 30 jobs will be created, mainly for client care attendants and practical nurses. (available in French only)
- Scierie Leduc will cease operations on October 28. The Québec City-based company employed almost 75 people. Problems in the lumber industry as well as the company's inability to afford the substantial costs to modernize its facilities were cited as reasons for the closure. (available in French only)
- Groupe La Force Kia is investing $8.5M to open a Kia garage in the Val-Bélair sector of Québec City. The new garage is scheduled to open in March 2018. (available in French only)
- IKEA is opening a new store in the Sainte-Foy sector of Québec City in summer 2018. Construction is scheduled to begin in spring 2017. IKEA estimates that the new store will create around 400 direct and indirect jobs.
- Québec City's Groupe Norplex is moving forward with its real estate project, La Pignoronde, in Baie-Saint-Paul. The investment totals $34M. The first units are set to be available in winter 2017. (available in French only)
- Debiopharm, a Swiss biopharmaceutical group, will invest tens of millions into Québec City-based company GenePOC. This investment will create several new jobs at GenePOC. (available in French only)
- La Popessa restaurant, located on Lebourgneuf Boulevard in Québec City, has just declared bankruptcy. About 10 jobs will be lost as a result of the closure. (available in French only)
- More than 700 jobs will need to be filled over the short and medium-term at Village Vacances Valcartier. The company is in need of security guards, lifeguards, servers, cooks, maintenance workers, and salespeople, among others. (available in French only)
- TJX Companies has opened its first Marshalls store in Québec City. It plans to open several more in the region by 2017. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: