Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing (NOC 9231) in the Capitale-Nationale region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2016
- The Restos Plaisirs group will be opening a new Cochon Dingue restaurant at Place Sainte-Foy in 2017 but will be closing the one on Maguire Avenue. The people employed there will be transferred to the new location and will be joined by about 40 new employees. (available in French only)
- Résidence des Bâtisseurs, located in Baie-Saint-Paul, will be opening on March 1, 2017. Between 40 and 50 people will be hired. (available in French only)
- Café Morgane has just opened a second establishment in Québec City's Duberger district. The $1M investment has resulted in the creation of some 30 jobs. (available in French only)
- Private investors recently injected $55M to open a health centre in the Québec City borough of Lebourgneuf. Maclinique Lebourgneuf is scheduled to open in May 2017. (available in French only)
- Post-disaster recovery experts JDHM, in Saint-Marc-des-Carrières, will invest $2M to open a Québec City location in the Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures industrial park. This investment will generate approximately 25 jobs by 2018. (available in French only)
- LvlOp restaurant has just opened in the Saint-Roch sector of Québec City. Its opening has allowed for the creation of some 30 jobs. (available in French only)
- The owners of the Baie-Saint-Paul IGA supermarket are investing $6M to expand, equip, and update the supermarket with a fresh design. The most important phase of the work will be performed in early 2017. (available in French only)
- Beenox, a studio in Québec City, has just officially been assigned to the Call of Duty franchise, and will therefore become a major player in creating future chapters of the game. The company is currently hiring. (available in French only)
- Date modified: