Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group prepare meat and poultry for further processing, for packaging or for marketing. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
beef boner, ham cutter, industrial butcher, industrial meat cutter, meat trimmer, poultry preparer, slaughterer.
- Industrial butchers slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives; skin, clean and trim carcasses; remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses; split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling; and may slaughter cattle, calves and sheep as prescribed by religious laws.
- Industrial meat cutters cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging; remove bones from meat; and cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use.
- Poultry preparers slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts; remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- Trimmers remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
Québec, Beauport, Charlesbourg, Donnacona, Saint-Raymond, Baie-Saint-Paul, Beaupré, Cap-Rouge, Château-Richer, Clermont, Donohue, Lac-Saint-Charles, La Malbaie--Pointe-au-Pic, L'Ancienne-Lorette, Loretteville, Pont-Rouge, Portneuf, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, Saint-Émile, Val-Bélair, Le Moyne, Plage-Rhéaume, Sainte-Anne-Ouest, Sault-à-la-Puce
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers in Capitale-Nationale Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-10-22|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities for the Capitale-Nationale region are expected to be fair for this occupation. Some openings will arise because of the replacement needs associated with the ageing workforce.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 16 - Jun 20, 2014
- A new Pizza Passion restaurant will open this summer in the Duberger-Les Saules sector in Québec. It is expected that fifteen-some people will be hired on a full-time basis. (available in French only)
- Following investments of $1M, L'Astral, the Loews Le Concorde restaurant, will be reopening its doors in October 2014. Close to 150 jobs should be created. (available in French only)
- Château Bellevue, a hotel complex for retirees located in Donnacona, is continuing its expansion, creating approximately 20 jobs. The expansion represents a $7M investment. (available in French only)
- In the coming weeks, five Jardin Mobile grocery stores will close in Quebec City (on chemin de la Canardière, boulevard Louis-XIV, and chemin Sainte-Foy, and in Val-Bélair and St-Romuald). Approximately 94 people will lose their jobs. (available in French only)
- Closed since February 12, Le Concorde de Québec hotel will be reopening its doors during the week of May 25. Approximately 140 of the 230 workers will be rehired. They will be called back in order of seniority. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: