Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Assisting Occupations in Support of Health Services in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-06-25|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be fair for Other Assisting Occupations in Support of Health Services (NOC 3414) in Newfoundland and Labrador. Employment growth in this occupation is expected to be stronger than average. However, this growth will be offset by fewer workers retiring.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in Newfoundland and Labrador was 37 years and 7% of workers were 55 years old and older. Also, according to the Labour Force Survey, approximately 1,100 people worked in this occupation in 2013.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 16 - Feb 20, 2015
- Eastern Health has implemented a new Remote Patient Monitoring pilot project that will remotely monitor patients with select chronic diseases, and assist them with managing their health and reduce the need for medical interventions
- The government of NL has launched a new initiative to address licensed practical nursing workforce shortages in NL. Approximately $135,000 will be allocated to do a complete review of the program and implement recommendations by the fall of 2016.
- A new antibiotic adherence program is being launched and led by pharmacists in NL to ensure the effective and appropriate use of antibiotics. The program will begin on January 26, 2015.
- Sony recently announced that it will be closing all of its Canadian stores, while clothing retailers Mexx and Smart Set will also be closing. Part of the reason for the closures is that these stores cannot compete with price cuts at big box stores.
- Sears Canada is offering job opportunities for displaced Target employees at both the retail and head-office level. Sears is holding special events and career fairs for the former Target employees.
- The provincial government will launch an Operating Grant Program for eligible licensed child care centres to offset some of the costs of providing child care
- The government of Canada and the NL government announced a total of $68M in combined funding over a five-year period to help individuals and families access affordable housing and renovate their existing homes
- Date Modified: