Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Newfoundland and Labrador.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics (NOC 7335) in Newfoundland and Labrador due to low levels of employment.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- June 2015 | (PDF, 538 KB)
- May 2015 | (PDF, 516 KB)
- April 2015 | (PDF, 482 KB)
- March 2015 | (PDF, 545 KB)
- February 2015 | (PDF, 518 KB)
- January 2015 | (PDF, 517 KB)
- December 2014 | (PDF, 522 KB)
- November 2014 | (PDF, 544 KB)
- October 2014 | (PDF, 871 KB)
- October 2014 (Quarterly Edition) | (PDF, 700 KB)
- September 2014 | (PDF, 717 KB)
- August 2014 | (PDF, 717 KB)
- July 2014 | (PDF, 770 KB)
- June 2014 | (PDF, 612 KB)
- May 2014 | (PDF, 614 KB)
- April 2014 | (PDF, 525 KB)
- March 2014 | (PDF, 620 KB)
- February 2014 | (PDF, 592 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 478 KB)
- Annual Edition 2013 | (PDF, 745 KB) new
- December 2013 | (PDF, 542 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 538 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 550 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 441 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 441 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 507 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 242 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 441 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 525 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 239 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 478 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 266 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 10 - Aug 14, 2015
- Tech Construction of Corner Brook was awarded a $722,000 contract to replace windows and siding at LeGallais Memorial school in Isle aux Morts
- The Government of NL is investing $1.3M in long-term care facilities in the eastern region of the province, including facility upgrades, maintenance, and the purchase of new health care equipment
- The Government of NL awarded a $1.6M contract to Farrell's Excavating to upgrade Route 102. Work on the project will begin in September.
- The Government of NL awarded a $695,000 contract to Municipal Construction Ltd to upgrade and repave sections of the CBS Bypass
- The Iron Ore Company of Canada said its operations in Labrador West are at risk because of the low price of ore and the high cost of production. Approximately 2,000 people work at the mine in Labrador.
- Housing starts in St. John's continued to decline in July with 200 fewer new home construction projects compared to June. Total housing starts are also down from a year ago.
- Mining company Vale has approved construction of an underground mine at Voisey's Bay, extending the life of the mine in northern Labrador by about 15 years. Hundreds of construction jobs and full-time jobs are expected to be created at the mine.
- The Government of NL awarded a $417,000 contract to G.S. Hunt Enterprises Ltd. for interior and exterior renovations on 10 Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation homes on Topsail Road
- The Government of NL is investing more than $6M in equipment and facility upgrades at health care facilities in Grand Falls - Windsor and Buchans
- The Government of NL announced over $4M in funding for capital works projects in the Western region of the province. The projects will be cost-shared with local communities.
- Concord Paving Limited of Carbonear has been awarded a $1.86M tender for provincial roads upgrades for the District of Ferryland
- The Government of NL provided $150,000 to the Masonic Park Nursing Home in Mount Pearl to carry out roof repairs at the facility
- Coffee and Company, a popular café in St. John's, is closing on August 15 after 16 years in business
- The Government of NL is investing $18M to strengthen healthcare services in the eastern region. The funding will support new equipment, upgrades and expansions to health centres in the region.
- The Government of NL announced over $14.4M in funding to support cost-shared projects in a wide range of municipal infrastructure areas in the eastern region of the province
- A new net-metering initiative was announced by the Government of NL which allows small-scale electricity generating facilities to sell power back to the grid
- The Government of NL is investing $291,000 to extend broadband internet coverage in 13 communities. The Government of Canada is contributing $611,000 to this phase of the initiative.
- The Government of NL is investing close to $600,000 in equipment and infrastructure upgrades at Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital and the Bay St. George Long Term Care Centre
- The Government of NL has expanded its Government Services Centre in Marystown. With an investment of approximately $50,000, the centre can now issue driver's licences and licence plate stickers in-house.
- A decline in the number of births in NL this year has been attributed, in part, to economic uncertainty from job cuts in the public sector and the downturn in the oil and gas and mining industries
- The Government of NL announced $365,000 in funding to purchase firefighting equipment for the central region of NL
- The Government of NL has invested $800,000 in funding to purchase new health care equipment for the Dr. G.B. Cross Memorial Hospital and the new protective care residence in Clarenville
- The Government of NL is investing more than $1M over a two-year period toward oceanographic research to support aquaculture sustainable management practices and future expansion of the industry
- The Government of NL is investing $9.3M in capital works projects which include upgrading water and sewer systems, improving roads and enhancing town halls in the central region of NL
- The Government of NL awarded a $1.1M contract to Horseshoe Hill Construction Inc. of St. John's for the construction of a new bridge over Stoney Brook in Grand Falls-Windsor leading to the Exploits River Salmonid Interpretation Centre
- The Government of NL is investing $299,000 in funding for upgrades to 41 social housing properties on the northern coast of Labrador
- The Government of Canada, through ACOA's Innovative Communities Fund, is contributing $281,313 in funding to support tourism infrastructure upgrades in Trinity, NL
- The Government of NL is providing $80,000 in funding to the St. Anthony Port Authority to support a study into the viability of port expansion
- The Multi-Materials Stewardship Board (MMSB) is providing over $120,000 in funding to six recipients of the Solid Waste Management Innovation Fund and nine recipients of the Community Waste Diversion Fund to help achieve sustainable waste management in NL
- The Government of Canada, through ACOA's Business Development Program, is providing $125,944 in funding to build a new timing, viewing and judging tower for the Royal St. John's Regatta, and to develop a strategic plan for the 200th anniversary
- The Government of NL released the Newfoundland and Labrador Strategic Health Workforce Plan, 2015-2018
- Mike Kelly and Sons Limited has been awarded a $1.3M contract to repair two retaining walls and road restoration to the North Shore Highway and Riverside Drive in the Bay of Islands
- Damen Shipyards, a Netherlands-based company, will be opening an office in St. John's. The office will act as a local service centre and will bring with it the transfer of skills and an opportunity for further partnerships with area businesses.
- The Government of NL has invested $6M in the expansion of Verafin, a local leader in financial crime detection and prevention software. Approximately, 90 highly-skilled jobs will be added to the company.
- Date Modified: