Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Newfoundland and Labrador.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics (NOC 7335) in Newfoundland and Labrador due to low levels of employment.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
(To access archived Labour Market Bulletins not appearing on this webpage, please contact us).
- April 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- March 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- February 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- January 2016 | (PDF, 468 KB)
- Annual Edition 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- December 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- November 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- October 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- September 2015 | (PDF, 500 KB)
- August 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- July 2015 | (PDF, 571 KB)
- June 2015 | (PDF, 538 KB)
- Annual Edition 2014 | (PDF, 542 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of May 09 - May 13, 2016
- Construction is underway on new passing lanes through Terra Nova National Park. There will be 13 new passing lanes created in the park. Work is expected to wrap up by the end of 2017.
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada will hire 135 research scientists, biologists, oceanographers and technicians in its recruitment efforts to enhance ocean science. The Government of Canada will fund $197M for the project.
- Air Labrador has announced the return of its direct flight between Happy Valley-Goose Bay, St. John's and Deer Lake, starting May 31
- According to the NL Teachers Association, 19 teachers have been laid off and 300 teachers have been reassigned or transferred as schools deal with budgetary pressures
- Kiewit Offshore Services will be shutting down the Cow Head fabrication facility in Marystown at the end of May for a three year period. Over 700 union workers will be affected.
- The St. John's Convention Centre officially opened on May 3, after years of construction on a $65M expansion
- Monaghan Hall, at Western Regional Memorial Hospital in Corner Brook plans to close down 69 rooms in its nursing residence in September due to budget constraints. Grenfell Campus will be able to provide a residence to about half of the nursing students.
- Preparation work for a new fluorspar mine in St. Lawrence is underway. Construction work is expected to begin in June with 250 - 300 construction jobs. Once production begins, there will be 200 full-time jobs for 10 years.
- PJ's Pets which operates Pets Unlimited, Petculture and Oliver & Pets Co. is closing 27 of its 39 stores in Canada. One store in NL, one in PEI, six in NS, three in NB, 11 in Ontario and five in BC will close. The company employs 427 people.
- The Government of NL announced $62M in funding to support the Provincial Roads Program for this years construction season. Tenders will begin this week.
- Fifty-four libraries across NL will be closed over the next two years, leaving only 41 operating in the province. Sixty-four jobs will be affected. Many of the jobs will be lost through attrition.
- Provincial Government announced the closing of five schools for the 2016-17 school year in Newfoundland and Labrador resulting in the loss of 73 teaching positions
- Four O'Clock Vapor, a new business offering electronic cigarettes and liquid nicotine in Corner Brook, will open in May 2016
- Eastern Health is closing the Masonic Park Nursing Home, resulting in the loss of 40 beds. The beds will be transferred to the Caribou Memorial Veterans Pavilion in St John's, by October 2016.
- Eastern Health recently announced $19M in budget cuts that include the elimination of 107 jobs and the closure of the Masonic Park long-term care facility in Mount Pearl.
- Levi John's Country Convenience in Pouch Cove recently expanded to include a Greco Pizza and a Captain Submarine Xpress. Parkside RV, located next door to the convenience store, also plans to expand its RV capacity by summer 2016.
- Sweden-based Viking Supply Ship will be closing its office in St. John's by April 2016 due to deteriorating market conditions within the oil and gas industry.
- Date Modified: