Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Newfoundland and Labrador.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics (NOC 7335) in Newfoundland and Labrador due to low levels of employment.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
What is the proportion of women working in this occupation?
The data from the National Household Survey (2011) regarding the proportion of women working in this occupation are not sufficiently reliable to be published.
What percentage of people in this occupation are members of a union?
The data from the Labour Force Survey (2013) regarding the percentage of people in this occupation who are part of a union are not sufficiently reliable to be published.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
(To access archived Labour Market Bulletins not appearing on this webpage, please contact us).
- August 2016 | (PDF, 477 KB)
- July 2016 | (PDF, 636 KB)
- June 2016 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 552 KB)
- May 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- April 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- March 2016 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 552 KB)
- February 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- January 2016 | (PDF, 468 KB)
- Annual Edition 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- December 2015 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 552 KB)
- November 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- October 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- September 2015 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 500 KB)
- August 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- July 2015 | (PDF, 571 KB)
- June 2015 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 538 KB)
- Annual Edition 2014 | (PDF, 542 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Aug 29 - Sep 02, 2106
Week of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- Scotsburn Ice Cream Company has announced the closure of its St. John's, NL plant. The plant will close December 9 and 167 people will be affected.
- Steele Communications has confirmed the closure of 3 radio stations in Marystown, Grand Falls-Windsor and Stephenville, NL. The closure will result in the loss of the equivalent of six full-time positions.
- The Federal and provincial governments have announced $81,684 in funding for improvements to the Rose Blanche lighthouse and Barachois Falls walking trail. These improvement will help boost tourism in the area.
- A recent Manpower Employment Outlook Survey has shown hiring in the St. John's area is down 20% from last year
Week of Sep 05 - Sep 09, 2016
- Beothuck Energy of Newfoundland expects a funding announcement for wind farms on the west coast of the province. US has indicated it wants offshore wind electricity instead of hyrdo power.
- The town of Lewisporte has hired a municipal enforcement officer. It is the first by-law officer hired by the town in 40 years.
- The Federal and Provincial government have invested $1.6m to help start-ups through programs at the Genesis Centre, a busness incubator at Memorial University of Newfoundland
- The Provincial and Federal governments have announced $26M in funding for 60KM of road repaving on Route 1 and Route 2
- The Canada-NL Jub Fund Agreement providing an additional $500,000 for the Apprenticeship Wage Subsidy. This additional funding will be to assist more non-Employment Insurance (EI) apprrentices secure employment to become journeypersons.
- College of the North Atlantic's Bay St. George Campus will receive $18.5M from provincial and federal governments for a Center of Excellence for Heavy Equipment and Industrial trades
- Astaldi Canada is looking to fill 10 top positions on the Muskrat Falls project. All of the posiitions listed are replacement positions.
Week of Aug 29 - Sep 02, 2016
- A business barometer report recently released by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB), has given the provincial economy a poor grade and is suggesting difficult times for small businesses in NL
- Volcano Bakery in St. John's, NL has seen demand grow since opening on August 11, 2016. The bakery currently employs 12 people and expects that number to go up.
- Date Modified: