Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics (NOC 7335) in Newfoundland and Labrador due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 17 - Aug 21, 2015
- The Government of NL is providing $100,000 in funding to Young's Industrial Refrigeration Ltd. to help the company take advantage of opportunities in the offshore sector
- The Government of NL is investing $1.3M in long-term care facilities in the eastern region of the province, including facility upgrades, maintenance, and the purchase of new health care equipment
- The Government of NL provided $150,000 to the Masonic Park Nursing Home in Mount Pearl to carry out roof repairs at the facility
- The Government of NL is investing $18M to strengthen healthcare services in the eastern region. The funding will support new equipment, upgrades and expansions to health centres in the region.
- The Government of NL announced over $14.4M in funding to support cost-shared projects in a wide range of municipal infrastructure areas in the eastern region of the province
- A new net-metering initiative was announced by the Government of NL which allows small-scale electricity generating facilities to sell power back to the grid
- The Government of NL is investing $291,000 to extend broadband internet coverage in 13 communities. The Government of Canada is contributing $611,000 to this phase of the initiative.
- A decline in the number of births in NL this year has been attributed, in part, to economic uncertainty from job cuts in the public sector and the downturn in the oil and gas and mining industries
- Date Modified: