Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics (NOC 7335) in Newfoundland and Labrador due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 10 - Oct 14, 2016
- BMO Capital Markets have indicated that the NL economy will shrink in 2016 by 2%, but the 2017 outlook shows a growth of 0.7%, with oil prices expected to increase to the $60 dollar range in 2017. BMO also noted that employment has been gradually declining in the province since 2013.
- The provincial government announced $1.5M in funding for projects with the Linkages program. Linkages is a career and employment program to help young people of the province succeed.
- Grieg NL held an information session in Marystown regarding a land based salmon recirculating hatchery and sea based cage grow outs in Placentia Bay. Planning has already begun for future employment opportunities.
- The CFIB has indicated that optimism has declined among Canada's small business owners in September. However, NL has seen an increase in business confidence up to 41.1%.
- Suncor has awarded Transocean a new 15-month drilling contract for the Newfoundland offshore. Operations are expected to begin in late 2017.
- The provincial government has announced $1.8M in funding to support innovation in the seafood industry in NL. The funds have been awarded for 27 projects to date.
- Steele Communications has confirmed the closure of 3 radio stations in Marystown, Grand Falls-Windsor and Stephenville, NL. The closure will result in the loss of the equivalent of six full-time positions.
- Date modified: