Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics (NOC 7335) in Newfoundland and Labrador due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- Steele Communications has confirmed the closure of 3 radio stations in Marystown, Grand Falls-Windsor and Stephenville, NL. The closure will result in the loss of the equivalent of six full-time positions.
- The Federal and Provincial government have invested $1.6m to help start-ups through programs at the Genesis Centre, a busness incubator at Memorial University of Newfoundland
- The Provincial and Federal governments have announced $26M in funding for 60KM of road repaving on Route 1 and Route 2
- The Canada-NL Jub Fund Agreement providing an additional $500,000 for the Apprenticeship Wage Subsidy. This additional funding will be to assist more non-Employment Insurance (EI) apprrentices secure employment to become journeypersons.
- A business barometer report recently released by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB), has given the provincial economy a poor grade and is suggesting difficult times for small businesses in NL
- A major shake up with the NL provincial government has led to the job losses of five deputy ministers, which represents a 19% reduction in staffing at this level.
- Date Modified: