Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanics in this unit group test, repair and service small gasoline and diesel-powered equipment, such as garden tractors, outboard motors, lawn mowers and other related equipment. They are employed by dealer service shops and by independent service establishments.
air-cooled engine mechanic, lawn and garden equipment technician, lawn mower repairer, gasoline powered, motor boat mechanic, outboard motor mechanic, small engine technician, small equipment mechanic apprentice, small equipment repairer.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine, motors and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired equipment for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||<Not assigned>||2013-07-30|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 07 - Jul 11, 2014
- The provincial government announced $744,000 in funding to 39 organizations to support engagement activities and learning opportunities for youth in NL
- The Government of Canada and the Government of NL have signed three agreements which will help meet labour market demands, as well as help older workers and persons with disabilities connect with available jobs in NL
- The provincial government and the Government of Canada signed a renewed Gas Tax Fund Agreement, worth $155M over five years, which will provide stability in the funding of municipal infrastructure projects in the province
- The provincial government has provided $147,800 in funding through the Visitor Information Centre program to support 23 regional visitor information centres throughout NL
- The provincial government announced $25,000 in funding to Wonderbolt Productions to support the production and touring of its Bolt Out of the Blue circus show in NL
- The provincial government announced $5.7M in funding for the launch of the 2014 Community Enhancement Employment Program to support communities and work opportunities for residents of NL
- The provincial government has announced that infrastructure project approvals and updates for K-12 schools in NL, including repairs and maintenance projects, are available online at http://www.ed.gov.nl.ca/edu/k12/repairs/index.html
- The provincial government announced a new Adult Protection Act on 30 June. The new act provides protection to vulnerable adults in NL who are at risk of abuse and neglect.
- The Canadian Coast Guard will be adding a new vessel to their fleet. The newly commissioned CCGS G. Peddle S.C. will be used for fisheries enforcement duties in the province.
- The provincial government announced $18,380 in funding to HSF Ocean Products Limited to test the viability of producing bait products from shellfish waste in the province
- The provincial government announced $25,000 in operational funding for the Learning Disabilities Association of Newfoundland and Labrador to help people with learning disabilities reach their potential
- The provincial government announced that the value of the Muskrat Falls Project will bring revenue of $30B to the province from the sale of excess power and other revenue streams associated with the project
- Eleven new cancer therapies have been added to the Newfoundland and Labrador Prescription Drug Program since December 2013
- Date Modified: