Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2015-05-29|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers (NOC 7343) in Newfoundland and Labrador due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 13 - Jul 17, 2015
- The first round of the recreational cod fishery in NL opens on Saturday, July 18 and will run till August 9. The fall fishery is set to run from September 19 - 27.
- The Government of NL announced changes to the free job-posting website, JOBSinNL.ca to ensure employers and job seekers have the best possible access to recruit and post job openings in NL
- The Government of NL has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Nunavut to strengthen collaboration between the two jurisdictions
- The Government of NL has signed an agreement with British Columbia to enhance workforce cooperation and mobility of skilled workers between the two provinces
- The Government of NL has invested $500,000 in funding to support 18 major cultural festivals and events in NL in 2015
- The Government of Canada, through ACOA's Business Development Program, is providing $420,500 in funding to support a three-year tourism training and skills action plan
- The Government of NL has issued a request for proposals to engage private and non-profit providers in the provision of long-term care services in the western, central and the Northeast Avalon regions. Plans are to secure 360 new long-term care beds in NL.
- The Government of NL has awarded a $97,000 contract to Bluebird Investments Ltd. to replace the roofing on 12 units in the Labrador Straits Seniors Complex in Forteau. The work is expected to be completed in August 2015.
- The four Atlantic provinces signed an agreement that will harmonize trades certification. The agreement provides seamless mobility that will enable apprentices to complete their certification and help provinces meet labour demands.
- The Government of NL announced 400,000 in funding through The Youth Innovation initiative to support 37 innovation projects throughout NL
- The Government of NL, through the Visitor Information Centre Program, has provided $143,500 in funding to support 22 regional visitor information centres with operational support
- The Government of NL released the Live Here, Work Here, Belong Here, A Population Growth Strategy for Newfoundland and Labrador, 2015-2025
- Emera has launched a new website for the Maritime Link Project with upcoming job opportunities. Activity is expected to ramp up over the next few months. The website is also a tool for contract employers to use.
- Date Modified: