Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2014-06-25|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in Newfoundland and Labrador with few and infrequent job opportunities.
According to the Labour Force Survey, less than 500 people worked in this occupation in 2013 in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 16 - Feb 20, 2015
- Eastern Health has implemented a new Remote Patient Monitoring pilot project that will remotely monitor patients with select chronic diseases, and assist them with managing their health and reduce the need for medical interventions
- The government of NL has launched a new initiative to address licensed practical nursing workforce shortages in NL. Approximately $135,000 will be allocated to do a complete review of the program and implement recommendations by the fall of 2016.
- The government of NL announced $52,000 in funding, through the NL Green Fund, to help supply and install five residential and 14 commercial electric vehicle charging stations in NL that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- The government of NL announced $92,850 in funding to support the Marine Institute's Center for Fisheries Ecosystems Research in pursuing new research on mackerel stock as well as cod and halibut tagging
- Husky Energy announced cuts to its 2015 capital budget for the third time in three months. The company will be looking for ways to make the operation more cost-efficient, but doesn't anticipate any major impact on their ongoing projects.
- The government of NL announced $20,000 in funding to support the Artistic and Economic Potential of Newfoundland and Labrador's Craft Sector
- The government of NL announced that it plans to proceed with the implementation of full-day kindergarten in the fall of 2016
- The government of NL has supported 98 projects under the Special Assistance Grant program, which provides assistance for improvements to marine infrastructure
- The government of NL has invested $565,400 in funding to improve and extend broadband service to 12 NL communities encompassing 802 households. This is the third phase of the Rural Broadband Initiative.
- The government of NL has invested $4.9M in funding, through the Research & Development Corporation, for a multi-purpose survey, support and research and development vessel to be stationed in St. John's
- Date Modified: