Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2014-06-25|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in Newfoundland and Labrador with few and infrequent job opportunities.
According to the Labour Force Survey, less than 500 people worked in this occupation in 2013 in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 16 - Mar 20, 2015
- The Government of Canada announced $246,296 in funding to help female entrepreneurs take advantage of opportunities in the natural resources industry
- A Spanish company, Abeengoa, has been awarded a $155M contract to construct approximately 400 kms of overhead transmission lines in NL and NS
- The government of NL, through the 2014-15 Community Recreation Support Program, announced $138,000 in funding to support the purchase or repair of physical activity equipment for 62 communities and organizations in NL
- According to a recent report from the Royal Bank of Canada, the NL economy is expected to grow by 0.8% in 2015 and slow to 0.2% in 2016
- Due to the delay in construction at the Long Harbour processing plant, tThe government of NL announced an amendment to the Voisey¿s Bay Development Agreement that resulted in the province receiving $200M in compensation and $30M for community initiatives
- The government of Canada, through Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), has invested $1.2M to support four projects in Newfoundland and Labrador¿s tourism and cultural industries in Gander
- The Canadian Broadcasting Company (CBC) will be shutting down its operations in Grand Falls-Windsor. The company will consolidate its operations with the Gander office to save money and retain jobs.
- Eastern Health has implemented a new Remote Patient Monitoring pilot project that will remotely monitor patients with select chronic diseases, and assist them with managing their health and reduce the need for medical interventions
- The government of NL has launched a new initiative to address licensed practical nursing workforce shortages in NL. Approximately $135,000 will be allocated to do a complete review of the program and implement recommendations by the fall of 2016.
- The government of NL announced $52,000 in funding, through the NL Green Fund, to help supply and install five residential and 14 commercial electric vehicle charging stations in NL that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- The government of NL announced $92,850 in funding to support the Marine Institute's Center for Fisheries Ecosystems Research in pursuing new research on mackerel stock as well as cod and halibut tagging
- Date Modified: