Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Newfoundland and Labrador
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers (NOC 7343) in Newfoundland and Labrador due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 19 - Aug 23, 2016
- A major shake up with the NL provincial government has led to the job losses of five deputy ministers, which represents a 19% reduction in staffing at this level.
- Fourteen cost-shared municipal infrastructure projects were announced for Newfoundland and Labrador, valued at $6.2M. The funding has been approved through the cost-shared Small Communities fund.
- N.L. Hydro is seeking approval to spend $271.4 M on repairs, upgrades, new equipment and systems in 2017, all separate from the Muskrat Falls hydroelectric project.
- The Port Rexton Brewing Company is set to open in late July 2016 on the Bonavista Peninsula and the ScudRunner Brewery will be open by the end of 2016 in Gander. Both establishments will brew their own unique craft beer.
- The Department of Fisheries and Oceans' Small Craft Harbors Program is providing an undisclosed amount of funding to Cartwright Harbour for a launchway for small boats, safer tie up areas, and fishing gear storage
- Date Modified: