Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-02|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be good for Retail Trade Managers (NOC 0621) in Prince Edward Island. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience stronger employment growth, which will generate new job opportunities. In addition, there should be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs.A significant number of jobs are also expected to become available due to greater than average turnover in this occupation.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in Prince Edward Island was 45 years and 23% of workers were 55 years old and older. Also, according to the Labour Force Survey, approximately 1,500 people worked in this occupation in 2013.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 24 - Nov 28, 2014
- Reitmans Canada Ltd. (TSX:RET.A) announced it is closing 107 Smart Set clothing stores. As a result, three Smart Set stores in P.E.I., two in Charlottetown, and one in Summerside will close.
- With the closing of the old Canadian Tire store in Charlottetown, the new store officially opened on October 29. Thirty-five new employees have been hired, bringing the total number of staff, both full-time and part-time, to 186.
- Mary Brown's Famous Chicken & Taters plans to open a new take-out restaurant in Charlottetown in the next six weeks. The new restaurant will employ six to eight people.
- Carta Worldwide is opening a data site at the Atlantic Technology Centre in Charlottetown to help businesses process payments and financial transactions electronically. The company is expected to employ up to 17 people by summer 2016.
- Atelka is looking to hire for 200 new positions for its Charlottetown division. Atelka offers customer services, including customer support, telemarketing, technical support and back office services.
- Date Modified: