Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Retail Trade Managers (NOC 0621) in Prince Edward Island.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 22 - Jun 26, 2015
- Co-op Atlantic is closing its grocery store on Queen Street in Charlottetown. Twenty-four employees were given layoff notices. Three other stores in Atlantic Canada will be affected as well.
- Princess Auto has confirmed it is seeking construction permits for its first store in PEI. Construction of the new store is subject to approval and would be located in Charlottetown by the Canadian Tire store.
- The Future Shop in Charlottetown has temporarily closed while the store is being converted into a Best Buy location. Affected employees will receive severance, employee assistance, outplacement support and the opportunity to reapply for positions at Best Buy.
- Repeats, a used clothing store in Charlottetown, plans to reopen in a few weeks. The store was destroyed by fire last year.
- Date Modified: