Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||Undetermined||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2016
- Charlottetown's Burke Electric, a lighting fixture and repair store on Queen Street, will close its doors on November 25 after 68 years in business. The owner is retiring.
- Glo, a smoothie bar in Charlottetown, PEI, opened a month ago and offers healthly snacks in the downtown area. Glo has 3 full-time and 6 part time employees.
- Fabricville in the Oak Tree Place Mall, Charlottetown, PEI is closing its doors on November 30, 2016
- The Great Canadian Dollar store is planning to open five locations in PEI by March 2017. The first store will open in Cornwall by the end of September and will employ 8 people.
- Young Millionaires program had 27 participants from the Souris, Charlottetown, Kinkora, Summerside and Evangeline PEI areas establish small businesses which sold products to tourists and Islanders
- Retailer H&M is opening a location in the Charlottetown mall on September 29, 2016. A total of 45 employees have been hired for the store.
- The town of O'Leary has seen a spike in new business openings. The economic growth is due to the council who see the value of going out and attracting new businesses to the area.
- Date modified: