Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Retail Trade Managers (NOC 0621) in Prince Edward Island.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 14 - Sep 18, 2015
- HomeSense opened on September 22, in Charlottetown. The store is located in the former Canadian Tire store on Buchanan Drive.
- Construction is currently underway on new HomeSense, Starbucks and Princess Auto retail stores in Charlottetown. GoodLife Fitness, Canada's largest fitness centre chain, also plans to open a club in the Belvedere Plaza by Indigo.
- The Lemon Tree, a Turkish restaurant on Queen Street in Halifax, and Freeman's Pizza, on Sackville Drive in Lower Sackville, have recently opened
- Date Modified: