Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Managers in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-05-02|
For the 2013-2015 projection period, employment opportunities will be good for Retail Trade Managers (NOC 0621) in Prince Edward Island. Compared with all other occupations, this occupation is expected to experience stronger employment growth, which will generate new job opportunities. In addition, there should be proportionately fewer unemployed workers with experience in this occupation to compete for available jobs.A significant number of jobs are also expected to become available due to greater than average turnover in this occupation.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, the average age for this occupation in Prince Edward Island was 45 years and 23% of workers were 55 years old and older. Also, according to the Labour Force Survey, approximately 1,500 people worked in this occupation in 2013.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 26 - Jan 30, 2015
- The former Canadian Tire Store in Charlottetown will be renovating its premises on Buchannan Drive. The company plans to house several retail outlets on the premises. Construction will begin in February 2015.
- Sears Canada is offering job opportunities for displaced Target employees at both the retail and head-office level. Sears is holding special events and career fairs for the former Target employees.
- The Target Department store chain will be closing 133 stores across Canada, including its Charlottetown store. More than 100 employees in P.E.I. and a total of 17,600 employees across Canada will be affected.
- The last Roots franchise in Canada, which was in downtown Charlottetown, closed on January 3. The space will be taken over by a new Cool as a Moose franchise. Eight of the employees from the Roots store have been offered work at the new franchise.
- The Wicker Emporium has decided to close its Summerside location. The store employed two full-time and three part-time employees.
- Date Modified: