Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Railway and Motor Transport Labourers in Prince Edward Island
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Edward Island||(Undetermined)||2016-04-15|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Railway and Motor Transport Labourers (NOC 7622) in Prince Edward Island due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 09 - May 13, 2016
- Vector Aerospace recently announced the opening of their fourth test cell of turboprop engines and extension of their contract with Jazz as the sole provider of engine maintenance repair and overhaul services until 2025
- Hopyard, a new bar, recently opened in Charlottetown featuring craft beer and cider from across North America, a menu created from local products, while listening to music from its collection of 500 vinyl records
- Thoughtful Squash, a seasonal restaurant located in Mount Stewart will be moving to the former Pat and Willy's location on Kent St, Charlottetown. Thoughtful Squash's new location will open May 2016 and be available all year around.
- The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency is providing $1,101,304 and Canadian Heritage, through the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund is giving $1,101,304 towards upgrades at the Confederation Centre of the Arts, Charlottetown
- The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency is providing $291,691 and the Government of PEI is contributing $116,000 to Engineering Technologies Canada Ltd. for the development of a product which will notify you if your septic system malfunctions
- Maritimes Electric has begun work to install two new underwater electric cables between PEI and New Brunswick. The project is estimated to cost $140M, with the Government of Canada contributing $50M.
- The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency is providing $55,252 to the City of Summerside for the redevelopment of its waterfront-downtown and to strengthen Summerside's reputation as a tourism destination
- Princess Auto will be opening a new store at the end of May, 2016, in Charlottetown. A total of 75 people have been hired.
- Export Development Canada expects PEI and Ontario to lead all Canadian provinces with 7% export growth in 2016 due to high demand in the U.S. and a low Canadian Dollar. A large contributor to this growth is PEI's aerospace industry.
- PEI Brick Company will open a brick manufacturing plant in Crapaud in the next few weeks with help from Innovation PEI who provided a $10,000 grant. The company currently employs four people with plans to hire another six.
- The Government of PEI has called for bids for site preparation and foundation work on a new $12.5M Riverview long-term care facility to be built in Montague. It will replace an existing 49 bed manor and is expected to open in early 2018.
- The Government of Canada, through the Atlantic Canada Opportunity Agency, is providing $135,000 to Country View Farms for a new ventilation system in its storage facilities to allow safer storage of potatoes
- Beijing-based China Gold Fortune International is opening a new facility in Summerside to manufacture smart meters for monitoring electricity consumption and LED technology. The company will employ approximately 30 people.
- The Government of Prince Edward Island is providing $45,000 to Abegweit First Nation Biodiversity Enhancement Hatchery to support its restocking efforts of Brook Trout and Atlantic Salmon
- The Government of Canada, through the Atlantic Canada Opportunity Agency, and the Government of PEI and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada is providing $95,000 and $30,000 respectively to Brookfield Gardens for new cooling equipment for harvested crops
- East Coast Furnishings, a new business offering products such as mattresses, furniture, appliances, and yard equipment, will be opening at the former Sears location in Summerside, April 2016
- 3rd Degree Training will open a new location in Montague by May 2016, its fifth location in Atlantic Canada.
- Callbeck's Home Hardware in Summerside is converting 5,000 sq.-ft. of storage space into offices, staff and training rooms, and other facilities. Callbeck's is also updating the interior of its store and adding a new 5,400 sq.-ft. warehouse.
- R & M Welding is hiring an additional full-time employee after purchasing a new plasma cutter, which was funded in part by a $10,000 contribution from Innovation PEI.
- The Government of Canada, through ACOA's Innovation Communities Fund, is providing $76,295 in funding to support tourism in the community of Naufrage.
- Date Modified: