Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Moncton--Richibucto Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Managers in Health Care (NOC 0311) in the Moncton - Richibucto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Managers in Health Care in the Moncton - Richibucto region:
- Approximately 560 people work in this occupation.
- Managers in Health Care mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 41%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 34%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 12%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 12% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 79% compared to 68% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 9% compared to 19% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 23 - May 27, 2016
- The province of NB is working hard to fill four vacant positions for family doctors in Kings County. Saint John and Charlotte County also have vacancies to be filled.
- Shannex Inc. will build a $50M nursing home and retirement complex on the campus of the Université de Moncton which will create about 150 jobs in health care and hospitality services. The project will take two years to complete.
- The Wee College franchise is opening a new early childhood care and learning centre with capacity for 80 children in the northern part of Moncton in the summer
- The Foyer Saint-Antoine nursing home in Kent County will add 30 beds as part of a $9.2M expansion. Construction is expected to begin in the summer of 2015.
- Date modified: