Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 23 - Jun 27, 2014
- The Co-operators Group Ltd., which offers insurance and investment products, will add 30 full-time positions to its Moncton customer service centre with the help of a provincial payroll rebate
- Moncton-based Venn Innovation Inc. has received federal and provincial government funding for two projects which will benefit new NB knowledge-based companies and entrepreneurs by increasing their access to market intelligence and mentoring
- The Province of New Brunswick has awarded a $5M research grant to a consortium led by Moncton-based Gtech Canada ULC. The group will develop a technology platform to deliver game content across mobile, web-based, and land-based devices. The investment is expected to create more than 100 new jobs.
- The Foyer Saint-Antoine nursing home in Kent County will add 30 beds as part of a $9.2M expansion. Construction is expected to begin in the summer of 2015.
- Piatto Pizzeria & Enoteca, an authentic Neapolitan pizzeria, has opened on Maine Street in Moncton
- A three-year, $14M bridge construction project has been announced in Saint-Louis-de-Kent. The tender for a single contract will be opened later this month. Preconstruction work, with a budget of $1M, is set to begin this summer.
- Work to develop the site of the $104M surgical suite at Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre in Moncton has officially begun. The hospital is also in the midst of constructing a $10.5M breast health centre which is expected to open in October 2014.
- Date Modified: