Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 18 - Aug 22, 2014
- The provincial government will contribute almost $24M toward the construction of an entertainment centre in Moncton. Construction will create 700 jobs, and 50 jobs will be created when the facility is operational.
- Knocean Foods Ltd. will receive funding from the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and the New Brunswick government to purchase equipment and create up to 25 new jobs at its fish processing facility in Scoudouc
- Castle Rock Construction Services Inc. has been awarded a $2.9M contract to build an RCMP forensic identification services building in Moncton. Work is expected to be completed by June 2015.
- Gusto Italian Grill and Bar has opened on Westmorland Street in Moncton
- Resurgo Place, which contains an expanded version of the old Moncton Museum, a new Transportation Discovery Centre, children¿s activities, and other attractions, has opened in Moncton. Construction of the $10M facility had begun in March 2012.
- Jump Off, a hip-hop clothing store, has opened on Weldon Street in Moncton
- Graffiti Restaurant on Main Street in Moncton has closed after 20 years in business
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) has awarded $709,000 in funding to eight researchers and trainees in the fields of science and engineering at the Université de Moncton
- According to the Conference Board of Canada, Moncton's GDP will grow by 2.1% in 2014, up from 1.2% in 2013, and the unemployment rate will drop to 6.6% from 7.4%. While the finance, insurance, and real estate sector will drive the growth, the manufacturing industry will be affected by the closure of the Maple Leaf plant in Moncton.
- Chrystal Palace Amusement Park and Hotel, and the McGinnis Landing Restaurant in Champlain Place in Dieppe will close in the fall of 2014. Bass Pro Shops, an outdoor equipment retailer with entertainment features, will open its first Atlantic Canada store in the space in 2015.
- Date Modified: