Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Commissioned Police Officers in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 01 - Dec 05, 2014
- The City of Moncton will cut 19 jobs over the next two years from its workforce of roughly 620 positions. The cuts will be made through attrition, and will be spread throughout the corporation.
- Atlantic Windows will add 15 positions to its workforce of 200 in Port Elgin. The company manufactures doors and windows.
- Sequoia Natural and Organic Foods opened on Mountain Road in Moncton in December. It is the third location in the Moncton area for the health food business, which also provides the services of nutritionists, a naturopathic doctor, and an esthetician.
- Mai Asian Restaurant, which currently employs 15 workers in Moncton, will open a second location in Dieppe in the spring of 2015
- McDonald's will open a new restaurant in November at 413 Coverdale Road in Riverview, and close its old location on the same street. The new restaurant will be larger and have more staff.
- Construction is continuing on two large stores, Princess Auto and Cabela Canada. These stores will open in the spring of 2015 in the Mapleton Crossing retail development in Moncton. It is estimated that hundreds of jobs may be created with the openings. The Princess Auto store will replace a current, smaller location in the city.
- About 75 staff were affected by the recent closure of the Ramada Plaza Crystal Palace Hotel and Convention Centre in Dieppe. An amusement park and restaurant in the same complex also closed. Retailer Bass Pro Shops will move into the space within a few weeks.
- Two new restaurants, Mary Brown's and Maple Leaf Queen's Buffet, will open in the Moncton area within a few weeks. The restaurant sector remains quite dynamic in the area, with several openings and a couple of closures over the past few months.
- Date Modified: