Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Commissioned police officers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate police force administration and police activities such as maintaining law and order and detecting and preventing crime. They are employed by municipal, provincial and federal governments. This unit group includes officers from the rank of staff sergeant to police commissioner. Commissioned officers in the railway police are also included in this unit group.
RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) commissioner, chief superintendent, deputy police chief, harbour police chief, police chief, police lieutenant, police superintendent, railway police chief, staff inspector.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a police force or division of a police force
- Develop and implement police force policies and procedures
- Oversee police investigations and ensure that procedures are conducted in accordance with laws and regulations
- Assess performance of subordinates and authorize promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions.
Outlook & Prospects for Commissioned Police Officers in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 23 - Jun 27, 2014
- The Co-operators Group Ltd., which offers insurance and investment products, will add 30 full-time positions to its Moncton customer service centre with the help of a provincial payroll rebate
- Moncton-based Venn Innovation Inc. has received federal and provincial government funding for two projects which will benefit new NB knowledge-based companies and entrepreneurs by increasing their access to market intelligence and mentoring
- The Province of New Brunswick has awarded a $5M research grant to a consortium led by Moncton-based Gtech Canada ULC. The group will develop a technology platform to deliver game content across mobile, web-based, and land-based devices. The investment is expected to create more than 100 new jobs.
- The Foyer Saint-Antoine nursing home in Kent County will add 30 beds as part of a $9.2M expansion. Construction is expected to begin in the summer of 2015.
- Piatto Pizzeria & Enoteca, an authentic Neapolitan pizzeria, has opened on Maine Street in Moncton
- A three-year, $14M bridge construction project has been announced in Saint-Louis-de-Kent. The tender for a single contract will be opened later this month. Preconstruction work, with a budget of $1M, is set to begin this summer.
- Work to develop the site of the $104M surgical suite at Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre in Moncton has officially begun. The hospital is also in the midst of constructing a $10.5M breast health centre which is expected to open in October 2014.
- Date Modified: