Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Moncton--Richibucto Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations (NOC 1215) in the Moncton - Richibucto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations in the Moncton - Richibucto region:
- Approximately 930 people work in this occupation.
- Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 33%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 17%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 16%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: n/a
- 25 to 54: 78% compared to 68% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: n/a
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 19 - Oct 23, 2015
- Nav Canada plans to add workers over each of the next five years to its air traffic control operations in the Moncton area. A competitive process is required to enter the demanding training program, which can be up to 26 months in duration.
- FedEx has begun constructing a distribution centre in the Caledonia Industrial Park in Moncton which should be open by the late spring of 2016. Transportation and Warehousing continues to be a very active industry in the Moncton area, according to city officials.
- Xtreme Cold Ltd. will open a large multi-temperature warehouse in Dieppe within the next few weeks. The warehouse will accommodate a need in the region's seafood export business.
- The amount of air cargo handled at the Greater Moncton International Airport increased by 3% in 2014 over 2013, continuing a positive trend of recent years
- Date modified: