Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Information on the 3-Year Employment Outlooks for certain occupational groupings is not currently available on Job Bank. Until the completion of the analysis based on the 2011 National Occupational Classification is complete in December 2016, please consult the Open Data website or contact the Labour Market Information Division ( NC-LMI-IMT-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca ) to obtain further information for occupations for which outlooks are not currently available.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Moncton--Richibucto Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Civil Engineers (NOC 2131) in the Moncton - Richibucto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Civil Engineers in the Moncton - Richibucto region:
- Approximately 750 people work in this occupation.
- Civil Engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 59%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 9%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 8%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 7%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 19% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 66% compared to 68% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: n/a
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 19 - Sep 23, 2016
- Qimple Inc., a Moncton start-up, will receive a $500,000 loan from ACOA to promote and innovate their product. Their product enables companies to create a job ad and post it to numerous job boards, then screen applicants using their technology.
- According to Site Selection magazine, Moncton is one of the 10 locations in Canada to do business. The magazine evaluated 280 locations based on criteria like regional partnerships, business friendly legislation, worker availability and economic growth.
- Global Solutions, an international gaming technology company, has grown from two to 35 employees since opening its Moncton operation in 2011. The company will continue to expand in the future.
- Gaming company IGT has cut eight positions in Moncton and will move its accounting division to Reno, Nevada. The company had cut 67 manufacturing positons earlier in 2015 in Moncton and now has about 450 mostly IT-related workers left in the city.
- Date modified: