Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Civil Engineers in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Moncton--Richibucto Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Civil Engineers (NOC 2131) in the Moncton - Richibucto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 22 - Jun 26, 2015
- United States-based information technology company BackOffice Associate has opened a data centre in Moncton and intends to create 50 jobs over the next three years with financial assistance from the provincial government
- Toronto-based GuestLogix, a developer of technology that allows travel attendants to process payments while in transit, plans to at least double its current workforce of 15 employees in Moncton over the next two years. The company will move all product innovation and development operations to the Moncton area.
- Tech Knowledge Solutions Inc., a data collection company, has merged with TSi Auto Solutions Inc., but will continue to serve customers at their current location in Moncton
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) has awarded $709,000 in funding to eight researchers and trainees in the fields of science and engineering at the Université de Moncton
- Date Modified: