Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanical engineers research, design and develop machinery and systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning, power generation, transportation, processing and manufacturing. They also perform duties related to the evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. Mechanical engineers are employed by consulting firms, by power-generating utilities and in a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries, or they may be self-employed.
acoustics engineer, automotive engineer, design engineer – mechanical, energy conservation engineer, engineer, power generation, fluid mechanics engineer, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) engineer, mechanical engineer, mechanical maintenance engineer, nuclear engineer, piping engineer, refrigeration engineer, robotics engineer, thermal design engineer, tool engineer.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
- Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilities
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
Outlook & Prospects for Mechanical Engineers in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 28 - Aug 01, 2014
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) has awarded $709,000 in funding to eight researchers and trainees in the fields of science and engineering at the Université de Moncton
- Toronto-based GuestLogix, makers of hand-held devices to process payments on airline flights, has opened a lab in Moncton which will focus on the research and development of new projects. The company currently has 12 staff in Moncton and hopes to expand to 35 in two years.
- Moncton-based Venn Innovation Inc. has received federal and provincial government funding for two projects which will benefit new NB knowledge-based companies and entrepreneurs by increasing their access to market intelligence and mentoring
- The Province of New Brunswick has awarded a $5M research grant to a consortium led by Moncton-based Gtech Canada ULC. The group will develop a technology platform to deliver game content across mobile, web-based, and land-based devices. The investment is expected to create more than 100 new jobs.
- GLI, an international company which tests electronic and lottery gaming equipment, will create 26 positions at its Moncton office by the end of 2015, with the assistance of a provincial payroll rebate program. Technical writers, sales development workers, project managers and information systems auditors will be among the positions created.
- Date Modified: