Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Inspectors in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 11 - May 15, 2015
- Opportunities NB is providing a payroll rebate of up to $490,000 to Co-operators Insurance in Moncton. The company anticipates creating 70 new jobs over the next two years at its customer contact centre in the city.
- The Wee College franchise is opening a new early childhood care and learning centre with capacity for 80 children in the northern part of Moncton in the summer
- The Canadian Tire in Moncton has acquired the lease of the now closed Target location on Mountain Road. The move will more than double the floor space for the store.
- Opportunities New Brunswick has given Advanced Helicore Inc. of Calgary a forgivable loan of $250,000 as the Dieppe company develops and manufactures a new helicopter-portable drilling rig. The company employs 30 people and hopes to grow to 130.
- Cabela's Canada, a retail outdoor equipment business, will open its first store in Atlantic Canada in Moncton on May 28. The store will employ up to 140 seasonal, full-time and part-time employees.
- The Scotiabank branch on St. George Street in Moncton will close in September after 60 years of business. The company will consolidate its operations with another branch in the city and says it hopes to find employment for workers affected by the move.
- DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse has announced they will be opening a new 20,000 sq-ft store in the Mapleton Power Centre in Moncton in August
- The Government of Canada and the provincial government are each contributing $250,000 towards the extension of a road in the Dieppe Industrial Park, which will open up around 100 acres of land for development
- An expansion to Riverview High School will include three new classrooms, new trades shops, a technology lab and a culinary arts area. The tenders closed in mid-April and construction will begin in the spring and be completed by September 2016.
- IGT, a Moncton gaming equipment company, has announced it will be laying off 67 employees involved with the assembling of gaming equipment. This represents 14% of its Moncton staff.
- Date Modified: