Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Construction Inspectors in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Moncton--Richibucto Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Construction Inspectors (NOC 2264) in the Moncton - Richibucto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Construction Inspectors in the Moncton - Richibucto region:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2011 region.
- Construction Inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 25%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 23%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 13%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211): 12%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 6%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 11 - Jul 15, 2016
- Sky Zone, a trampoline park franchise, will open on Champlain Street in Moncton within the coming weeks
- Between 20 and 25 employees are expected to be hired over the next few months at the TriStar Mercedes-Benz car dealership currently under construction in Dieppe, NB. It is scheduled to open in the spring of 2017
- Global Solutions, an international gaming technology company, has grown from two to 35 employees since opening its Moncton operation in 2011. The company will continue to expand in the future.
- Construction is underway on the $104M events centre in Moncton with an average of 40 workers are on site each day. It is expected about 150 people will be employed during peak periods and will continue into 2017.
- A new restaurant, Pitaza, will open in July 2016 in the former Quiznos location on Mountain Road in Moncton, NB.
- Murphy Hospitality Group will build and open The Wesley Hotel in downtown Moncton by the late fall of 2017, or shortly after. The 75-unit hotel will also contain the third Gahan House Restaurant and Brewery location in Atlantic Canada.
- Holy Whale Brewery, a café and brewery in Alma, NB, is expected to be open for business by the end of the summer with construction on the brewery beginning in the fall
- The Fredericton-based lingerie store, Elle Mio, is opening a new location on Main Street in Moncton in early July.
- Date Modified: