Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who make foundry moulds and cores by hand or machine, cast molten metal, and operate furnaces in the foundry industry. They are employed by metal foundries and foundry departments of metal products manufacturing companies.
bench moulder, casting machine operator, ceramic mouldmaker, die-casting machine operator, foundry worker, furnace operator – foundry, machine coremaker, manual moulder, melter – foundry, metal caster, pit moulder, sand coremaker, sand moulder.
- Manual mouldmakers make and repair sand moulds using patterns, moulding boxes, sand and hand tools following bench, floor or pit moulding methods; operate ovens to dry moulds; may pour molten metal into moulds to produce metal castings.
- Manual coremakers make cores for use inside moulds to form holes or void spaces in castings using core boxes, sand, hammer and wire or other reinforcing material; coat cores with protective materials and bake cores in oven.
- Machine mouldmakers and coremakers set up, adjust and operate various mouldmaking and coremaking machines to make sand and ceramics moulds and cores.
- Metal casters set up and operate various casting machines to cast ferrous and non-ferrous metal products; hand ladle and pour molten metal into moulds to produce castings.
- Foundry furnace operators operate furnaces used to melt metals for moulding and casting.
Outlook & Prospects for Foundry Workers in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 31 - Apr 04, 2014
- Hogg Robinson Group, an international company specializing in corporate travel arrangements, will open a training facility and employ 50 people within two years in Moncton. The company will develop partnerships with local colleges that could lead to more student seats in travel and tourism programs, and will benefit from a provincial payroll rebate program.
- PepsiCo Beverages Canada will shut down its warehouse in Moncton, and the work will be taken over by a third-party operator, Armour Logistics. A total of 43 employees in Moncton and Dartmouth, N.S. will be laid off.
- Bonte Foods will expand the raw meats and fresh meals division at its plant in Dieppe, while discontinuing its sauce and bakery operations. Twenty new positions will be added initially, and the number could rise to 50 or 60 within two years.
- The former Deware¿s Supermarket on Elmwood Drive in Moncton will be demolished in the spring, and the property converted into a service centre with space for a number of potential businesses
- The Conference Board of Canada predicts the Moncton economy will grow by 2% in 2014, due to increases in the construction, finance and insurance, real estate, business services, and transportation and warehousing industries. The city¿s economy grew by 1.7% in 2013.
- Upgrades and renovations on the Capitol Theatre in Moncton, worth $500,000, will take place this year, and are expected to be completed by the spring of 2015
- BMM Testlabs Canada, a Las Vegas-based gaming network consulting company, will create up to 173 jobs over four years for people with an IT background to do software programming, quality assurance testing, and related work, in Dieppe. The company, with over 15 workers currently in the area, will be eligible for a provincial payroll rebate program.
- BellaDerma Perfect Skin Centre, featuring skin treatment and massage services, has opened on Main Street in Moncton
- Professors and librarians have ended their nearly four-week strike at Mount Allison University in Sackville. Both parties have agreed to submit all outstanding differences around issues of equitable pay, pensions, and control over teaching and research to binding arbitration for resolution.
- Kingswood Academy, a private education centre, expects to add six more teachers to the 20 now on staff when it moves into a new building in Moncton north in the fall of 2014. Newco Construction will build the centre, which will also provide space for daycare and after-school programs.
- Date Modified: