Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Hide and Pelt Processing Workers in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 29 - Oct 03, 2014
- Discount retailer XS Cargo will close its Moncton store in October, as part of the company's national shutdown of 50 stores across the country
- Maple Leaf Foods has closed its meat processing plant in Moncton, resulting in the loss of about 450 jobs. The closure had been planned since 2011, and the company and union have been working with employees as part of the transition process. About 100 of the remaining employees will return for a month to decommission the plant in October.
- Fibre Centre will set up a carrier facility over the international fibre-optic cable that runs through Moncton within a couple of months. The facility will tap into the main line serving thousands of internet service providers, which will allow businesses to connect to the provider of their choice.
- A new flower shop called Flower House has opened at 3 Cross Street
- Chaussures Pop Shoes is opening a new shoe store at the Mapleton Centre in Moncton. The store will employ 12 people.
- Date Modified: