Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Other Wood Products Assemblers and Inspectors in Moncton--Richibucto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for New Brunswick.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 20 - Apr 24, 2015
- DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse has announced they will be opening a new 20,000 sq-ft store in the Mapleton Power Centre in Moncton in August
- The Government of Canada and the provincial government are each contributing $250,000 towards the extension of a road in the Dieppe Industrial Park, which will open up around 100 acres of land for development
- An expansion to Riverview High School will include three new classrooms, new trades shops, a technology lab and a culinary arts area. The tenders closed in mid-April and construction will begin in the spring and be completed by September 2016.
- IGT, a Moncton gaming equipment company, has announced it will be laying off 67 employees involved with the assembling of gaming equipment. This represents 14% of its Moncton staff.
- J's Pet Feeds and Needs pet store in Moncton is closing at the end of April. The owner cites increased competition from larger stores and a weak Canadian dollar as the reasons for the closure.
- The University of Moncton has announced spending cuts that include possible layoffs. The university cites a decline in francophone school enrolment, and a freeze of tuition and provincial funding as the reasons for the cuts.
- Construction of the proposed $107M downtown Moncton entertainment and sports complex, which had been expected to begin in the spring of 2015, has been put on hold due to financial issues
- Date Modified: