Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Laval Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing (NOC 9615) in the Montreal census metropolitan area, including the Laval region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing in the census metropolitan area of Montreal, including Laval:
- Approximately 1,230 people work in this occupation.
- Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Plastics and rubber products manufacturing (NAICS 326): 89%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 17% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 67% compared to 70% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 16% compared to 17% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 05 - Sep 09, 2016
- The Government of Quebec and several partners are opening the Habitation Louise-Beauchamp seniors' residence in Laval. The residence, which cost an estimated $19.8M to build, has 86 housing units for semi-independent seniors. (available in French only)
- Sportium, a sporting goods store, has announced that they will open a branch at the Centre Laval in fall 2017 (available in French only)
- The City of Laval has announced the site of the upcoming firehouse 5 in the Saint-François sector. The firehouse, which should be operational in 2018, will cost $7.6M. (available in French only)
- The Montréal Canadiens hockey club announced that its American Hockey League farm team will move to Laval from Newfoundland in fall 2017 (available in French only)
- Macaer America, a landing gear manufacturer based in Laval, announced a $40.4M investment over 5 years to develop new products (available in French only)
- The Commission scolaire de Laval announced that a new elementary school, which is scheduled to open in fall 2017, will be built in the Duvernay-Est neighbourhood, at a cost of over $10M (available in French only)
- Date Modified: