Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group assist machine operators, transport materials and perform similar tasks. They are employed by rubber and plastic products manufacturing companies.
belt builder helper, labourer – plastic products manufacturing, labourer – rubber products manufacturing, machine offbearer – rubber products manufacturing, mould cleaner – rubber products manufacturing, moulded products stripper – rubber and plastic products manufacturing, roll changer – rubber manufacturing, spreader operator helper – plastic products manufacturing.
- Assist machine operators or assemblers in performing their duties
- Assist in setting up and dismantling machinery and equipment
- Clean and lubricate machinery and equipment
- Transport materials and tools to and from work areas using hand trucks or other conveyance
- Prepare raw materials for mixing process
- Monitor machines to watch for jammed materials or defective products.
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Laval Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2013-05-29|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Laval region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 07 - Jul 11, 2014
- A waterfront residential tower project will be built in Laval in the Ste. Dorothée neighborhood. The first of two phases named Aquablu will be delivered in spring 2016. (available in French only)
- A new 86-unit project for elderly persons was announced in Laval. Habitation Louise Beauchamp will welcome its first tenants in November. (available in French only)
- Lumen, a company that specializes in the distribution of electric products, has announced the construction of a new distribution centre in Laval. This project, estimated at $100M, will also transfer its head office from Montréal to Laval. (available in French only)
- Laval-based Produits Alimentaires Viau, a deli-meats processor, announced an investment project worth $35M. This expansion project should promote the creation of close to 100 jobs within three years. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: