Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing in Laval Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Laval Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing (NOC 9615) in the Montreal census metropolitan area, including the Laval region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing in the census metropolitan area of Montreal, including Laval:
- Approximately 1,230 people work in this occupation.
- Labourers in Rubber and Plastic Products Manufacturing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Plastics and rubber products manufacturing (NAICS 326): 89%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 17% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 67% compared to 70% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 16% compared to 17% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 09 - May 13, 2016
- The Société de Transport de Laval has announced an investment of $23.5M to update its traffic network using new technology (available in French only)
- The City of Laval is investing $38M to modernize its parks and add two new parks by 2018 (available in French only)
- Sun Life Financial announced the official opening of its business centre in Laval (available in French only)
- Pelican International, a recreational products manufacturer from Laval, has announced the creation of 20 positions at its head office following the opening of its production factory in Montérégie (available in French only)
- Date Modified: