Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Personnel and recruitment officers identify and advertise job vacancies, recruit candidates, and assist in the selection and reassignment of employees. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
human resources officer, personnel officer, personnel selection officer – military, recruitment specialist, staffing analyst, staffing co-ordinator.
- Identify current and prospective staffing requirements, prepare and post notices and advertisements, and collect and screen applications
- Advise job applicants on employment requirements and on terms and conditions of employment
- Review candidate inventories and contact potential applicants to arrange interviews and arrange transfers, redeployment and placement of personnel
- Recruit graduates of colleges, universities and other educational institutions
- Co-ordinate and participate in selection and examination boards to evaluate candidates
- Notify applicants of results of selection process and prepare job offers
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures
- Organize and administer staff consultation and grievance procedures
- Negotiate settlements of appeals and disputes and co-ordinate termination of employment process
- Determine eligibility to entitlements, arrange staff training and provide information or services such as employee assistance, counselling and recognition programs
- May supervise personnel clerks performing filing and record-keeping duties.
Outlook & Prospects for Personnel and Recruitment Officers in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
For the 2013-2015 period, job opportunities in the Montréal region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 07 - Jul 11, 2014
- The City of Montréal announced the location of its organic matter processing centre. Initially scheduled to open in the Saint-Michel neighborhood, its new location will be built in the Rivière-des-Prairies neighborhood in 2019. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: