Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Court officers and justices of the peace (NOC 1227) in the Montreal census metropolitan area due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 13 - Feb 17, 2017
- Devimco Immobilier has announced its project to build a tower containing 294 rental units in downtown Montréal. It is scheduled to be delivered in May 2017. (available in French only)
- CS Communication and Systems Canada, a company that specializes in designing critical systems in the aeronautics sector, has announced that it will create 115 jobs over two years in Montréal (available in French only)
- CAE, a flight simulator manufacturer, has been awarded a training contract with Airbus, valued at approximately $200M. This contract will help retain 300 employees in the Montréal region over the next three years. (available in French only)
- The City of Montréal is establishing a three-year, $10M partnership with three universities to study cybersecurity and artificial intelligence, among other things (available in French only)
- Montréal's Plaza Saint-Hubert will undergo a $50M makeover. Work is scheduled to begin in summer 2017 and should be completed in 2020.
- Cactus Montréal, a community organization involved in preventing blood-borne and sexually transmitted infections, is currently recruiting. About a dozen positions are available for the centre's opening in summer 2017. (available in French only)
- CAE, a Montréal-based flight simulator manufacturer, announced that they have obtained military contracts with France, Australia, and the United States, valued at over $175M
- Following the acquisition of the Montréal-based start-up Maluuba, Microsoft is hiring some 40 engineers in Montréal over the next two years (available in French only)
- ABB, a Swiss engineering firm, announced the implementation of a centre for excellence in Montréal, valued at $90M. The centre will manage research and development, manufacturing, and electric transport system and product trials. (available in French only)
- The Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) announced the elimination of 190 jobs across its administrative structure (available in French only)
- The City of Montréal is investing $28M to upgrade and improve its 311 service (available in French only)
- Montréal's Saint-Sulpice Library will receive upgrades valued at $17M and will add two new services, following an agreement between the city and Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ) (available in French only)
- CAE announced several training and flight simulator sales contract signings with commercial flight companies, valued at over $250M
- Siemens, a German engineering company, announced it will invest over $132M in its Montréal plant to manufacture high technology gas turbines used to generate electricity
- Date modified: