Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Court Officers and Justices of the Peace in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Court Officers and Justices of the Peace (NOC 1227) in the Montreal census metropolitan area.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Court Officers and Justices of the Peace in the census metropolitan area of Montreal:
- Approximately 520 people worked in this occupation in May 2011.
- Court Officers and Justices of the Peace mainly work in the following sectors:
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 52%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 38%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 10%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: less than 5% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 82% compared to 70% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 17% compared to 17% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 25 - Apr 29, 2016
- The Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) announced the elimination of 90 executive positions at its Montréal head office as a result of restructuring (available in French only)
- Groupe TVA announces that it is closing its Argent business news channel and reorganizing its QMI news agency in Montréal. About 20 jobs will be lost as a result of these measures. (available in French only)
- The Port of Montreal, the Government of Quebec and the City of Montréal announced a $78M investment to modernize the port by 2017. This upgrade will facilitate the arrival of cruise ship operators and improve tourism infrastructure. (available in French only)
- The Complexe Desjardins announced the construction of 11 covered terrasses at the front of its building in downtown Montréal in 2016, an investment worth about $15M (available in French only)
- Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Inc. announced repair work on three Montréal-area bridges to be completed in 2016. The Jacques Cartier, Champlain and Honoré Mercier bridges will be reinforced at a cost of $300M. (available in French only)
- Bombardier Commercial Aircraft announced the signing of a firm agreement with Delta Air Lines for the purchase of 75 C Series aircraft with options for 50 more. The firm order is valued at more than US$5B. (available in French only)
- Bombardier Commercial Aircraft signed a firm purchase agreement with Chorus Aviation for five CRJ900 aircraft with purchase rights for five other aircraft. The total value of the agreement is US$476M. (available in French only)
- The Hybride de Piedmont visual effects studio has entered into a partnership with Industrial Light & Magic, which will enable the company to create 75 new jobs at its Montréal studio (available in French only)
- Ubisoft, a French video game company, will open a family-oriented thematic amusement centre in Montréal in August 2016 (available in French only)
- Bombardier in Montreal is announcing the sale of seven CS300 aircraft to Air Baltic (following the exercising of purchase options). The sale will translate into a firm order of 20 aircraft estimated at $506M. (available in French only)
- Rachel Julien, a real estate developer, is announcing the construction of two high-rise apartment buildings of 20 and 25 floors each, which will hold 335 units in downtown Montréal (available in French only)
- Montréal company IDÉALI, which specializes in marketing strategies, is announcing the acquisition of TC Media 1:1 Marketing Solutions and Data Insights of Toronto. Together, they will form a new firm, RELATION1. (available in French only)
- Montréal flight simulator manufacturer CAE announced it won international military contracts estimated at more than $175M (available in French only)
- The City of Montréal is announcing the start of infrastructure projects that will take place within the city at the beginning of next year. More than 400 construction sites have been scheduled at a cost of $531M. (available in French only)
- Yellow Pages, a Montréal-based company that specializes in digital media and marketing solutions, has announced an investment of more than $155M and plans to hire 350 employees over 3 years to initiate its digital transformation (available in French only)
- Date Modified: