Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Editors in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2014-07-21|
For the 2013-2015 period, job opportunities in the Montréal region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 22 - Sep 26, 2014
- Atomic Fiction, an American visual effects studio, announced that it was opening a branch in Montréal and that it plans to create 100 jobs within three years (available in French only)
- MusiquePlus, the music channel, announced that it was cutting about 20 positions in Montréal, following its acquisition by Groupe V Média. The positions affected are in the communications and administration departments. (available in French only)
- O2 Web, a Québec City-based company specializing in integrated web solutions, is announcing the opening of a branch in downtown Montréal. This expansion will create a dozen jobs. (available in French only)
- Technicolor, a visual effects company, announced the expansion of its studio in Montréal. This expansion will require the hiring of 220 workers within six months. (available in French only)
- Approximately 10 positions will be removed from CTV Montréal's television station in the coming months
- StarDust, a French company that specializes in the testing of application and website functionality, announced the expansion of its Montréal office. Fifteen-some new positions will be created. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: