Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Editors in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Editors (NOC 5122) in the Montreal census metropolitan area.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Editors in the census metropolitan area of Montreal:
- Approximately 2,140 people work in this occupation.
- Editors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 55%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 16%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 6% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 70% compared to 70% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 24% compared to 17% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 11 - Jul 15, 2016
- The Telus telecommunication company announced a $111M investment in Montréal in 2016 that will be used to install new communication infrastructure (available in French only)
- The Centre culturel de Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, a project valued at an estimated $24.3M, opened in Montréal (available in French only)
- According to the City of Montréal, the C2 Montréal business and innovation conference has created about 200 jobs in participating companies over the past two years (2014-2015) (available in French only)
- Keywords Studios, which specializes in technical services in the video game sector, has announced the creation of 100 jobs in Montreal over the next three years (available in French only)
- Date Modified: