Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Editors in Montréal Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Editors (NOC 5122) in the Montreal census metropolitan area.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be weak.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Editors in the census metropolitan area of Montreal:
- Approximately 2,140 people work in this occupation.
- Editors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 55%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 16%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 6% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 70% compared to 70% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 24% compared to 17% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 21 - Mar 25, 2016
- Yellow Pages, a Montréal-based company that specializes in digital media and marketing solutions, has announced an investment of more than $155M and plans to hire 350 employees over 3 years to initiate its digital transformation (available in French only)
- Cinesite, a European animation film and visual effects studio, has announced the opening of a studio in Montréal and the creation of 500 permanent jobs by 2020 (available in French only)
- Amazon, an American electronic shopping company, announced plans to establish a data centre in Montréal before the end of 2016 (available in French only)
- CGI, a Montréal-based information technology services company, has secured a $19.6M contract with the United States Marine Corps (available in French only)
- Date Modified: