Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Furniture finishers finish new wood or metal furniture to specified colour and finish. They are employed in furniture manufacturing plants, retail furniture stores or refinishing and repair shops. Furniture refinishers refinish repaired, used or old furniture. They are employed in furniture refinishing and repair shops or they may be self-employed.
finishing machine operator, furniture finisher, furniture polisher, furniture refinisher, furniture stainer, furniture stripper, touch-up person – furniture finishing, trimmer – furniture finishing, wash-off operator – furniture finishing, wood finisher.
- Set up and operate finishing machines or finish furniture by hand
- Stain or finish wood to specified colour with stains, paints or other materials using brush or spray gun
- Apply toners, highlights, glazes or shaders to obtain desired finish
- Apply lacquer or other sealers
- Decorate wood surfaces or mark surfaces to create antique or other effects using hand and power tools
- Clean and polish furniture
- Sand metal furniture to prepare for finish and spray with paint or other materials.
- Strip old finish from wood surfaces using steel wool, sandpaper and solvents
- Smooth gouges with wood filler and sand wood
- Match colours to obtain original finish and apply appropriate finish to stripped wood
- Polish and wax refinished surfaces
- Sand or grind metal surfaces to prepare for coating, and paint metal surfaces using electrostatic method, spray gun or other painting equipment
- Make minor repairs to furniture
- May perform duties of furniture finisher.
Jobs for Furniture Finishers and Refinishers in Montréal Region
Job opportunities are updated daily.
There are 8 job postings in Montréal Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2014-04-22||furniture finisher and repairer||LES SERVICES TAP||
|2014-04-19||finisher - furniture finishing||LES SERVICES TAP||
|2014-04-17||polisher, wooden furniture - furniture finishing||PROHAD INC.||
|2014-04-17||finisher - furniture finishing||AEROTEK||
|2014-04-14||polisher, wooden furniture - furniture finishing||FABRICAIRE INC.||
|2014-04-11||furniture polisher - furniture finishing||GAL AEROSTAFF LTD.||
|2014-03-28||finisher - furniture finishing||Treebone Design Inc.||
|2014-03-26||wood finisher - furniture finishing and refinishing||T.E.S. THE EMPLOYMENT SOLUTION||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada's National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: