Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the programs and activities of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, counselling departments, labour organizations, professional associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
administrator, child welfare services, area manager, family services, association director, children's aid society director, correctional institution director, detention centre director, director, community centre, director, correctional treatment and training, environmental group director, income maintenance director, labour organization manager, membership services manager, political organization manager, prison warden, regional administrator, social services, social assistance director, social work director, trade association manager, volunteer services director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of social and community service programs such as income maintenance, children's aid and emergency housing services
- Manage the operations and activities of correctional facilities and detention centres
- Administer the programs of non-governmental organizations involved with social issues such as health care, human rights, consumer protection, international development and environmental protection
- Administer programs of membership organizations such as political parties, labour organizations, business and professional associations
- Establish administrative procedures to meet objectives set by board of directors or senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff delivering services and programs to the general public and to the organization or association membership
- Plan, administer and control budgets for programs, equipment and support services
- Represent their respective organizations for the purpose of government liaison and media relations
- Participate in policy development by preparing reports and briefs for management committees and working groups
- Hire and provide training for professional and non-professional staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-07|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 07 - Jul 11, 2014
- A new residence for seniors will be built for $4M in Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes. This establishment will include 21 apartments. (available in French only)
- Château des Petits Trésors, a private day-care centre, announced that a second facility would be built in downtown Repentigny. The centre will welcome 80 children, and plans to hire an educational consultant to support the staff. (available in French only)
- The addiction treatment centre, Centre Nouvelle-Vie, has opened a new branch in Saint-Jean-de-Matha thanks to a $2M investment. The new branch will be able to accommodate more than 90 people. (available in French only)
- The new Émile McDuff residential and long-term care centre will be opening its doors in mid-June 2014 in Repentigny. The residential and long-term care centre will employ 150 persons and be home to close to 100 residents. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: