Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services (NOC 0314) in the Lanaudière region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services in the Lanaudière region:
- Approximately 470 people work in this occupation.
- Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 62%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 28%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 6% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 78% compared to 70% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 17% compared to 16% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 12 - Sep 16, 2016
- CPE La Pirouline will open a new location in the Lachenaie sector in Terrebonne. It has invested $1.4M and will create 18 new positions and five indirect employment opportunities. Opening is scheduled for January 2017. (available in French only)
- The Government of Quebec is investing $2.6M in long-term home support in the Lanaudière region for 2016-2017 (available in French only)
- The Chez Tantine day-care centre, located in Saint-Paul, is ceasing operations. The centre employed around 15 people. (available in French only)
- The Coopérative de soutien à domicile de Laval, a social economics organization that offers services to people faced with a loss of independence, has announced the inauguration of its new facilities (available in French only)
- Date modified: