Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the programs and activities of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, counselling departments, labour organizations, professional associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
administrator, child welfare services, area manager, family services, association director, children's aid society director, correctional institution director, detention centre director, director, community centre, director, correctional treatment and training, environmental group director, income maintenance director, labour organization manager, membership services manager, political organization manager, prison warden, regional administrator, social services, social assistance director, social work director, trade association manager, volunteer services director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of social and community service programs such as income maintenance, children's aid and emergency housing services
- Manage the operations and activities of correctional facilities and detention centres
- Administer the programs of non-governmental organizations involved with social issues such as health care, human rights, consumer protection, international development and environmental protection
- Administer programs of membership organizations such as political parties, labour organizations, business and professional associations
- Establish administrative procedures to meet objectives set by board of directors or senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff delivering services and programs to the general public and to the organization or association membership
- Plan, administer and control budgets for programs, equipment and support services
- Represent their respective organizations for the purpose of government liaison and media relations
- Participate in policy development by preparing reports and briefs for management committees and working groups
- Hire and provide training for professional and non-professional staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lanaudière Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2012-11-07|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Lanaudière region are expected to be good for this occupation.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 24 - Mar 28, 2014
- A new 80-space daycare will be built in Terrebonne at a cost of $1.5M, leading to the creation of 15 new jobs. It is scheduled to open in August 2014. (available in French only)
- The gouvernement du Québec has announced investments of $5.8M to carry out capital works and proceed with the purchase of equipment for various projects at the centre hospitalier Pierre-Le Gardeur in Terrebone (available in French only)
- Seniors home Le Grand Manoir in Saint-Jean-de-Matha will invest $6M to expand its establishment. This project will allow the addition of 60 housing units and will lead to the creation of new jobs that will complement those of the current 32 employees. (available in French only)
- A new, subsidized 80-place daycare will open in Terrebonne. Le Royaume des Anges has invested $1.7M in the construction of its establishment, which will lead to the creation of fifteen-some new jobs. Its opening is scheduled for the summer of 2014. (available in French only)
- The Quebec government has announced 1,469 new day care spaces for the Lanaudière region. Twenty-nine day care centres will progressively offer these spaces between 2014 and 2016, resulting in the creation of 259 new jobs. (available in French only)
- The Centre hospitalier régional de Lanaudière in Joliette officially opened its new intensive care unit following an investment of $11.8M. This expansion has enabled the hospital to triple its space in this unit and to create more than 15 new jobs.
- Date Modified: