Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who assemble, finish and inspect plastic parts and finished products. They are employed by plastic products manufacturing companies and plastic parts divisions of aircraft or other manufacturing companies.
fibreglass laminator, plastic bottle trimmer, plastic parts assembler, plastic products fabricator, plastic products inspector and tester, plastic tank assembler, plastics assembler, plastics inspector, plastics trimmer, skylight assembler.
- Operate machines or equipment, or use hand tools to cut, shape, splice and fit plastic materials to form parts and assemblies
- Assemble composite materials on patterns to form parts and assemblies using bonding agents
- Operate spray-gun unit to apply resin mixtures to metal or wooden mould to form plastic products
- Load and operate autoclave oven to cure and bond plastic parts and subassemblies
- Operate finishing equipment to trim, grind or buff plastic products into final form.
- Inspect manufactured plastic products for defects and conformance to specifications and quality standards, visually or using instruments
- Affix seals or tags to approved plastic products and mark and reroute defective products for repair or recycle
- Prepare reports on products inspected
- Make minor adjustments and repairs to products.
Outlook & Prospects for Plastic Products Assemblers, Finishers and Inspectors in Lanaudière Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 04 - Aug 08, 2014
- Frütella, a business that serves freshly squeezed juices, smoothies, soups and crepes, has just opened its doors in Rawdon (available in French only)
- The Repentigny municipality has announced the construction of its art and artistic creation centre, an investment estimated at $4M. Opening is scheduled for late spring 2015. (available in French only)
- Over the past two years, the Saint-Calixte campground has invested $10M to build a family amusement park. The imminent opening of a haunted house will create 30 jobs, in addition to the existing 104. (available in French only)
- The city of Lavaltrie opened the Desjardins aquatic complex, which includes, among others, a semi-Olympic sized swimming pool and water games, following an investment of more than $1.5M (available in French only)
- A new residence for seniors will be built for $4M in Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes. This establishment will include 21 apartments. (available in French only)
- The opening of Saint-Hippolyte's new library, following a $2.9M investment (available in French only)
- Date Modified: