Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Manufacturing Managers in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Halifax Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-04-15|
For the 2015-2017 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Manufacturing Managers (NOC 0911) in the Halifax region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Manufacturing Managers in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 630 people work in this occupation.
- Manufacturing Managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other manufacturing (NAICS 313-316, 322-323, 327, 331, 333-335, 337, 339): 28%
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 15%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 13%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 11%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 9%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: less than 5% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 85% compared to 69% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 11% compared to 17% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 01 - Feb 05, 2016
- Dartmouth-based manufacturer L and M Highland Outfitters will add workers to meet increased demand for leather golf headcovers. The company sews the headcovers together for a local company that sells them.
- The craft beer industry continues to grow in the Halifax region. Nine Locks Brewing Company Ltd. will open in January on Waverley Road in Dartmouth and hopes to have 12 workers on staff. Spindrift Brewing Co. recently opened in Burnside, and Battery Park Beerbar & Eatery is expected to open soon in downtown Dartmouth.
- Oland Brewery plans to open a small-batch brewing operation in the spring of 2016 at its original Alexander Keith's plant on Lower Water Street in Halifax. Beer has not been made at that site for several years.
- Halifax-based Skinfix Inc. has expanded its workforce from seven to 25 employees in the last year, and plans to do more hiring in 2016. The company distributes its skin-care products among retailers throughout North America.
- The major Irving Shipbuilding project has begun in Halifax, and currently employs about 900 people. Employment will grow to 1,600 workers over the next two years, and is expected to grow to 2,500 during peak periods of the 30-year project.
- Date Modified: