Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Manufacturing Managers in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 10 - Nov 14, 2014
- Dartmouth-based MilAero Electronics Atlantic Inc. has recently hired 25 people, and would like to add a few more workers with experience in electronics and electrical component manufacturing to its staff of 46. The company produces custom-made equipment, such as electronic fences, for various industries.
- China-based Capital Seafoods has taken over an existing fish processing plant in Eastern Passage. The company will upgrade the facility, increase staff from 12 to between 40 to 50 workers, and process lobster and other species.
- Halifax-based Skinfix Inc. will expand its local office staff to 15 workers. The company expects to grow as a result of a deal with Target Corp to launch its skin care products in the United States.
- British Columbia-based wind turbine manufacturer Endurance Wind Power has taken over Seaforth Energy in Dartmouth and hired five workers. The company expects to hire two more before the end of 2014.
- Wartsila Canada will invest more than $1M in its Dartmouth operations, and expand its workforce from 33 to 40 people by the end of 2015. The company provides engine and other overhauls and refits to government and commercial marine vessels.
- Dartmouth-based Cherubini MetalWorks has been contracted to fabricate the replacement decks for the 18-month, $150M Macdonald Bridge reconstruction. United States-based American Bridge Company will be the general contractor for the bridge project, expected to begin in the spring of 2015.
- Date Modified: