Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Manufacturing Managers in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Halifax Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2015-05-29|
For the 2014-2016 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Manufacturing Managers (NOC 0911) in the Halifax region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 23 - Nov 27, 2015
- The craft beer industry continues to grow in the Halifax region. Nine Locks Brewing Company Ltd. will open in January on Waverley Road in Dartmouth and hopes to have 12 workers on staff. Spindrift Brewing Co. recently opened in Burnside, and Battery Park Beerbar & Eatery is expected to open soon in downtown Dartmouth.
- Oland Brewery plans to open a small-batch brewing operation in the spring of 2016 at its original Alexander Keith's plant on Lower Water Street in Halifax. Beer has not been made at that site for several years.
- Halifax-based Skinfix Inc. has expanded its workforce from seven to 25 employees in the last year, and plans to do more hiring in 2016. The company distributes its skin-care products among retailers throughout North America.
- The major Irving Shipbuilding project has begun in Halifax, and currently employs about 900 people. Employment will grow to 1,600 workers over the next two years, and is expected to grow to 2,500 during peak periods of the 30-year project.
- Craft brewery Unfiltered Brewing has opened in north-end Halifax, and is the fifth such brewery to open in that area. There are now seven craft breweries in the city.
- Date Modified: