Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Personnel and Recruitment Officers in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 08 - Sep 12, 2014
- Innovatia Inc. of Saint John, NB will receive a payroll rebate worth nearly $1M to create up to 100 jobs over five years at its Halifax site. The business provides technical support to a large equipment manufacturer in the telecommunications industry.
- Nine commissionaire positions will be eliminated at Her Majesty's Canadian Dockyard in Halifax in June, due to budget cuts
- Provincial government departments and two industry groups will organize a job fair in November to target workers from Blackberry, Convergys, and Xerox who lost their jobs in the information technology and customer support sectors in recent weeks. Almost 40 companies have signed up for the event.
- Blue Ocean, a Halifax-based outsourcing call centre, is seeking to fill 50 positions and may add another 50 in February.
- Xerox Corp. in Dartmouth has layed off 48 of 135 sales representatives at its call centre in Dartmouth. While it is the third major call centre layoff in the area in a month, the provincial call centre association says the sector is still strong in Nova Scotia, and other members are looking to hire affected workers.
- Date Modified: