Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations (NOC 1423) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of May 09 - May 13, 2016
- Non-bargaining unit employees of the Nova Scotia government will receive the same 1%, 1.5% and 0.5% wage increases as offered to the bargaining unit employees
- Parks Canada will spend $20M on upgrades to Halifax Citadel and a tower in Point Pleasant Park in Halifax during the spring and summer of 2016
- Stillwell Bar will open a seasonal beer garden on Spring Garden Road in Halifax in June of 2016. The company had operated a beer garden on the waterfront last year, but that tender was awarded to another company, The Stubborn Goat, for 2016.
- Bluedrop Training and Simulation has added eight positions to its Halifax workforce, and now employs 25 people, including software experts and 3-D designers. The company was recently awarded a $15M contract to develop training and simulation software for the Arctic patrol vessels being constructed at the Irving Shipyard in Halifax.
- According to the Restaurant Association of Nova Scotia, a sudden surge of new restaurant openings has been occurring recently in downtown Halifax. The construction of the Convention Centre, a planned makeover of some streets, and optimism around the tourist season are driving a sense of confidence in the area among restaurant owners.
- Jazz Aviation is creating a new division which will conduct aircraft heavy maintenance repair and overhaul in Halifax for Ontario-based Air Georgian. The two companies recently signed a five-year deal, and work should begin in the summer of 2016.
- A major project to replace the Victoria General Hospital in Halifax will take place over the next five to seven years. Services will be moved to other sites during construction, and some renovations will be required at those sites as well.
- Stitches Warehouse Outlet, Suzy Shier, Party City and Jiffy Lube have recently opened in Dartmouth Crossing, and a Bombay store will open in May 2016. Large retail stores Ikea and Cabela's will follow in 2017, as announced previously.
- Residential and commercial construction projects have been increasing in downtown Halifax since 2012 according to the city's planning department, which hopes to add a dozen new staff over the next two years to deal with the building boom.
- Date Modified: