Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Employment outlooks have been determined at the provincial level for Nova Scotia.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 13 - Apr 17, 2015
- Two bike shops, Long Alley Bicycles on Quinpoo Road and Idealbikes on Chain Lake Drive, have opened in Halifax
- Doctor Solar, a company that installs solar hot water systems, has increased its staff from six to 12 workers during the first two years of a Halifax Regional Municipality program that encourages the use of solar heating systems in homes
- Murphy's-The Cable Wharf and Ambassatours Gray Line held a seasonal hiring blitz in Halifax in April. The companies hire over 200 seasonal workers each year, including food service, retail, and reservations staff, tour guides, and tour boat captains and crew.
- Enfield-based CanJet Airlines will lay off 47 pilots and 68 permanent and seasonal flight attendants as it reduces the number of aircraft it deploys on the tour operation side of its business. The company's aircraft flies mostly out of bases in Montréal and Toronto.
- Lot Six Restaurant &Bar is currently hiring kitchen staff for an opening in May on Argyle Street in Halifax
- Construction will begin later in 2015 on a 22-storey multi-use structure adjacent to the Brewery Market in downtown Halifax. Plans are also proceeding for a 21-storey residential and commercial building nearby on Hollis Street.
- Irving Shipbuilding has awarded a $170M subcontract to Lockheed Martin Canada to integrate control systems on the Arctic offshore patrol ships that will be built at the Halifax Shipyard
- J.Willy Krauch and Sons will cease production at its seafood smokehouse in Tangier at the end of April, as the owner will retire. The closure will affect one part-time and seven full-time jobs.
- Two major fashion retailers, Aritzia and Browns, will open new stores in the Halifax Shopping Centre in the summer of 2015. The centre continues to undergo a major redevelopment to add extra retail space.
- Canada Bread Company will close its Halifax bakery in November 2015, affecting the jobs of more than 100 employees. The company indicates that products can be made more efficiently at its bakeries in New Brunswick.
- Date Modified: