Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations (NOC 1423) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 25 - Jan 29, 2016
- Halifax Regional Council has approved the hiring of 32 additional firefighters over the next two to three years. The workers will be added to several stations around the city.
- Ikea will directly employ 350 people in a new store to be built in Dartmouth Crossing beginning in the summer of 2016. Construction will take about 12 to 14 months and will employ another 100 to 150 temporary workers.
- Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency is launching a recruitment drive for firefighters for the first time in nine years and will hold information sessions around the municipality over the next month
- Bedford-based Alpha Dog Games is adding five to six employees, including 3D artists, game designers, and programmers, and may eventually double its workforce of 12 employees in 2016.
- San Francisco-based River Canada has nearly tripled its workforce in Halifax since it purchased the former Twisted Oak Studios gaming studio on August 2015. River Canada now employs 13 workers in Halifax and plans to continue adding employees over the next year.
- Musquodoboit Valley Co-op, a grocery and feed store in Middle Musquodoboit, has closed after 78 years in business. The store employed two full-time and three part-time workers.
- A database and outreach service is now available in Halifax which enables job seekers with autism and intellectual disabilities to connect with job opportunities. Autism Nova Scotia is involved with the program, as part of a national initiative.
- Patrons Golf & Lounge recently opened in Bedford. The facility includes indoor golf simulators, dining room, and a lounge.
- Date Modified: