Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations (NOC 1423) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 21 - Sep 25, 2015
- Jiffy Lube automobile service franchises will open in the coming weeks at the Halifax Stanfield International Airport and in Dartmouth Crossing
- Halifax-based Skinfix Inc. has expanded its workforce from seven to 25 employees in the last year, and plans to do more hiring in 2016. The company distributes its skin-care products among retailers throughout North America.
- Crombie REIT has awarded contracts for a $7M renovations project to begin in October at the Scotia Square in Halifax
- Goodies Thrift Store, a non-profit retail business, has opened in Burnside Park. Party City, a party supply business, will open in Dartmouth Crossing in the coming months.
- Clothing store Canook opened September 21 on Barrington Street in Halifax, employing four or five workers
- EGG Studios of Halifax will be closing on November 6, leaving 20 employees without a job
- Conifer Financial Services plans to create an addition 350 jobs in Halifax with a $60.8M investment
- Ambassatours is building a $4.4M milllion facility in Halifax to consolidate its operations. The project is expected to be completed in nine months.
- The major Irving Shipbuilding project has begun in Halifax, and currently employs about 900 people. Employment will grow to 1,600 workers over the next two years, and is expected to grow to 2,500 during peak periods of the 30-year project.
- Admiral Insurance will hire 30 workers in October in its Halifax office to work as service advisors. The company had previously hired 146 people since January 2015, and plans to have 500 workers on staff by the end of the year.
- Halifax-based CanJet Airlines has laid off its remaining pilots and flight attendants and ended its flight operations. The company had laid off 115 employees in April and had since been operating one aircraft out of Montreal.
- Alpha Strike Laser Tag, located in Burnside Park in Dartmouth, has closed
- Date Modified: