Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Outlook & Prospects for Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations in Halifax Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations (NOC 1423) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 10 - Aug 14, 2015
- Halifax experienced a large increase in construction starts from May to July compared to the same period in 2014. This may be attributable to projects delayed by severe winter weather.
- A new restaurant, Il Trullo Ristorante, opened in downtown Dartmouth
- Rogues Roost, a brew pub in downtown Halifax, will close permanently by October. Many of its 12 employees are being offered work at Gahan House Harbourfront, a similar business under the same ownership.
- Irving Oil is expanding its retail operations in the Halifax area. The construction of a gas bar, convenience store and attached Subway restaurant, near the Halifax airport, will be completed in the fall. Work has also begun on a new gas bar in Bedford.
- Lindsay Construction has been awarded the contract for construction management services on the new $20M Discovery Centre science museum to be built on the Halifax waterfront beginning in August
- Craft brewery Unfiltered Brewing has opened in north-end Halifax, and is the fifth such brewery to open in that area. There are now seven craft breweries in the city.
- The federal government will spend more than $20M on renovations at the Citadel and other historic sites in the Halifax area
- The federal government announced nearly $900,000 in funding to the Sobey's School Business Development Centre, to help new graduates find jobs and to provide business development counselling and consulting services for small and medium businesses
- The Lemon Tree, a Turkish restaurant on Queen Street in Halifax, and Freeman's Pizza, on Sackville Drive in Lower Sackville, have recently opened
- Date Modified: